• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uptown HD

Changes you'd like to see

#2 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

The previous uptown update we got in 4.1.1, it's no longer possible to stand on the ledges in the side alley/laundromat roof area. I think this should be like it was in 4.1. In CTF the jump from hotel roof/garage roof to laundromat roof is harder (still possible) now due to the added fence but it's okay i guess.

I liked the wall in blue spawn more than the fence, currently they are too exposed so shooting them from apartment rooftop window is pretty OP.

I think the ladders behave differently but i can't quite put my tongue on how. I'm sure others with experience in 4.1 uptown can relate.

This post has been edited by Fredrik: 06 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

#3 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostFredrik, on 05 May 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

The previous uptown update we got in 4.1.1, it's no longer possible to stand on the ledges in the side alley/laundromat roof area. I think this should be like it was in 4.1.

In BOMB and TS you can. TDM and CTF you cannot

I would change the BOMB spots. RED and BLACK bombspots are on the same building (different levels). I would keep a bomb spot in the garage area (underground or skylight), and move the other one near the blue flag (or fountain)

#4 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

This may get a lot of backlash, but I would say that it should be completely re-imagined. Same layout, same jumps same basic idea, but completely re-imagined as far as textures and theme goes. Maybe something more space themed or create some interesting architecture to give the map a new and updated look.

#5 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

View PostKroniK, on 05 May 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

This may get a lot of backlash, but I would say that it should be completely re-imagined. Same layout, same jumps same basic idea, but completely re-imagined as far as textures and theme goes. Maybe something more space themed or create some interesting architecture to give the map a new and updated look.

no

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

I always felt like the upper garden spawn side on CTF had the advantage so some changes to make it equally hard to cap/defend in CTF would be nice.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#8 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:16 AM

I always thought the blue-stripey building was really odd. See fig. 1: http://cl.ly/VMxX

Beyond that, it's kind of just a striped rectangle.

I think an architectural revamp is in order. 😉
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#10 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

Can't wait to see what an amazing fresh new look you will give this awesome map!

My thoughts:
* The laundromat room is so small maybe you should scale this up a bit.
Or even change that room completely so that it is an staircase room down to back alley street level instead? (sounds like the best option to me tbh)
Ofcourse you would still have the balcony and the glasdoor to it (would also add some kind of plank from balcony to hotel window, for more fluid gameplay)
Press here for a: Sketch

* Always make so that you can travel the map with low health (ledges, planks, ventilations) currently it can get very unfluid once you are hurt.

* To be honest i think you should try to scratch the whole idea of Ladders (or atleast most of it) and try to add Fire Ladders instead since i think it would suit the map style better.
Click Here

* Make the Street level less Flat (Though im sure you already had that in plans ^^)

* More Models indoors, cars in the garage etc.(Though im sure you already had that in plans ^^)

That is all i can come up with now :D
I would always love to see Uptown having more indoor actions but since you said you don't want to change the Layout too much i wont bother going into details (:

//Swiitan

This post has been edited by JustMe...: 06 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942