• You cannot reply to this topic

Rejected for bad challenge Rate Topic: -----

cannot connect any servers

#21 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: dsz

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

View Postredneck ita, on 12 June 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

i try: RKF| jump, :{PeR}:deathrun, (B@R)tdm and nothing to do, but with [BP]uptown and another one no problem, i can play authed...

Hmm first servers where your auth not working using non default port and on [BP]uptown is default.

Did you turn off/clear rules in firewall? What is your Linux distribution?
It is lucky shot but try put this in autoexec.cfg
set net_port "27922"

What device are you using router/modem etc in network where auth dont wanna work?
If it is wifi, did you try connect pc/laptop by cable?

For me it looks like some kind of firewall or protection in modem-router-blabla device which ISP provided.

This post has been edited by D SZ: 25 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

#22 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

Ok, on gufw there is no active rules and all connections going outside are allowed; regarding to router firewall i never mess with that so i think it is the default configuration.

My Linux distro is Ubuntu 14.04; i will add now that string on my autoexec.

EDIT: adding
set net_port "27922"
on the autoexec won't give positive result on RKF|Jump :(

My pc is connected via cable to a router that is connected with the antenna of my isp.

EDIT N.2: bypassing the router by connecting directly pc with modem don't change nothing too :(

I still have to try to bypass the router, but it's not easy to deal with 6 devices always online with wifi :P

This post has been edited by redneck ita: 26 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

#23 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

View Postredneck ita, on 26 June 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

EDIT: adding
set net_port "27922"
on the autoexec won't give positive result on RKF|Jump :(

Hmm, try change this port in autoexec.cfg to the same like RKF|Jump got: 27963 and check it.

Did you try other system on this pc or just different pc? So we can exclude system related problem.

#24 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Ehh nevermind, on server which you gave my auth working.
But I didnt play with auth since longer time cus I played on my own server in home where auth never worked at all for me (for others was fine) cus is in local network but didnt have this error with rejection.

I checked now own server and got same what you got, disconnecting me with this error.
So something in auth system changed time ago.

This post has been edited by D SZ: 26 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

#25 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

I'm going to try to set this port to that value, but i cannot try other OS on my pc nor other pc, but i can really exclude that this come from my OS because with another wifi it works.

As i read in another post, auth will give normally bad challenge on local server... so no news about this :(

A question for the developer: could a command line log help to read more about this error?

EDIT: set net_port to 27963 doesn't work, thanks anyway

This post has been edited by redneck ita: 26 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

redneck, The problem is not with your PC, it is not with your router or modem either.

The problem is caused by your internet provider and how it provides you with internet access. Currently AUTH requires you to have a Unique IP address that does not change whilst you are playing.

There is nothing you can do to resolve this in your home, you can only complain about it to your Internet Provider who will probably just ignore the complaint as they have no other option with the current situation with IPv4 as they have more customers than Internet Address space available to them.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#27 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

So i have nothing to do, sad but true...

I still don't understand why my mate have NAT and he's able to use auth anyway :(

I also notice while playing that this error popup to some other player too, so can we hope to a fix on auth system?

#28 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:54 AM

NAT is a network technology redneck and very common for a household to have so that multiple device can share a single Public IP address. However its not common for an internet provider to give its clients an IP address in the Private Range and share its single (or multiple/pooled) public IP with its many clients. Auth was not designed to handle this and there for gets confused by it.

The only likely solution is IPv6 but there are many factors involved:

UrT need to support IPv6
The game servers need to support and advertise on IPv6
The network between the game server and your Internet Provider needs to support IPv6
Your Internet PRovider needs to support IPv6
Your Home modem and router need to have support for IPv6 and configured to your Internet Provider.
Your PC and other devices need to support IPv6.

So as you can see its not just a simple "change this setting or install this OS" to fix kind of problem.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#29 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for explanation Nitro, i have tried to read wikipedia but there's to much technical language and i freak out :laugh: with your post i have understood now :)

Can i ask just two more thing? why eflose.de accept my auth key and other servers reject me?
Can i try to talk with my ISP to find a workaround or i have just to give up?

Thanks all for replying, explanation and support.

Cheers

#30 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

redneck ita can you confirm that your modem/router whatever getting local IP from provider? and that "your" public translated IP (like Nitro mentioned) changing from time to time?

I remember my ISP doing that too with some of the users who didnt want public IP, so anyone else just getting IP with local addresation and by some proxy/firewall rules public IP just changing from time to time but not every different connection.

redneck ita so if that occurs you can talk with your ISP and ask about own public IP, sometimes they can give you by request or can pff ye sell it to you by few euro per month (ye pathetic but happens) or they will refuse.

Good luck.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942