• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The story behind Urban Terror 4.2 Rate Topic: -----

#2 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

nice post, we need more of those of course...

if you want your community calm and supportive you should release more information like that,

best case scenario: you let us in on current or more recent events, this would make people understand that you are in fact working on urt 4.2

.. aside from that, i am kind of shocked the source code of 4.1 was lost.. when/ how did that happen? have you ever mentioned this before?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#3 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 29 June 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

i am kind of shocked the source code of 4.1 was lost.. when/ how did that happen? have you ever mentioned this before?

HDD failure if I remember correctly, and no, it has never been mentioned

#4 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

IT WAS YOOOOOUUUUU

Seriously though, thanks for keeping urban terror going and all your hard work with 4.2 Barbatos. More behind the scenes stories please :)

#5 User is offline   Freshh Icon

• Account: freshh
  • Main tag: Forge|

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 29 June 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

nice post, we need more of those of course...

if you want your community calm and supportive you should release more information like that,

best case scenario: you let us in on current or more recent events, this would make people understand that you are in fact working on urt 4.2

.. aside from that, i am kind of shocked the source code of 4.1 was lost.. when/ how did that happen? have you ever mentioned this before?

I'm also kinda shocked..
But keep up the good work!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Lecter2142 Icon

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 29 June 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Someone asked me on Twitter why we didn't say all of this after the 4.2 release. I think people don't realize how difficult it was for us after the 4.2 release with all the insults & harassment & dead threats from a few people. I personally was depressed about it and couldn't do a line of code for months after this. We all feel better now and learned from our mistakes.

First of thank you for this post. It made me change the impression I had of you :) . Second of all, just out of curiosity, have you ever considered having only one or two admins on #urbanterror ? I know some projects do it: they keep as least admins as possible so nothing like that (insults, etc) would happen.

#9 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 29 June 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

We were really worried about the health of Urban Terror and its community. We could see the number of players falling from day to day.

It's funny how the number of player drastically dropped after 4.2 came out. Every league continued on with 4.1 for some time before adoption of 4.2 started. At that point the number of players left in the community was at an all time low; 4.2 effectively killed the community.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942