• +

Playing Over LAN Rate Topic: -----

Cannot create LAN server

#11 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

the only way it starts up (I mean, goes to a map) is if I have "dedicated" set to "No".

Wait... so you have that console style window with a blue background and the last lines are these Hitch Warnings?
Because i would think that this is your server console then. have you every tried keeping that window open and check whether you can see the server or not?

Anyway. Best fix i can think of is to run a dedicated server. Only note that once you are connected all commands to the server must be /rcon command

Check out the manual here
its a bit outdated, since its mostly made for 4.1, but the basics are about the same.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#12 User is offline   GanjaGuy Icon

• Account: ganjaguy
  • Main tag: |ALPHA|

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

I had this issue as well when I was trying to test maps with my brother. I found that I have to choose "internet" (instead of 'no' or 'lan') in order for him to see it on local (weird but true). This opens the blue console box and starts the server. My brother then was having trouble connecting due to 'bad something or other error.. you must restart urt to connect to a server' (sorry never documented what it was specifically) however we fixed that by logging out of auth and re-connecting. I would then have to load another instance of urt, get the IP from him and /connect. For some reason I cannot see my own server on local but he can. I can however use /connect without a problem. Anyone who wants to connect should log out of auth though or you will most likely not be able to connect because of the previously mentioned error.

To summarize:
I use start server from the main screen
set server as wanted except have 'dedicated: Internet'
have someone else on the network get on and send you the IP
open a second instance of urt and /connect
local server success. GL

#13 User is offline   Ulfr Rage Icon

• Account: ulfrrage

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for all of the help.

I reset all my firewalls, & made special permissions for UrT. I also found & fixed a domain problem that came up.

I'm going to blame Norton for this one. The computer I was on was having all kinds of connectivity problems before I disabled Norton, & suddenly everything is roses. I have hated Norton since the 20th Century & will continue to hate it if it persists to the 22nd.

The only way to connect is to use the console. I can't use the game menus. But I can connect now, so that's something.

Weirdly, there's really high ping on the non-server computer.

So thanks again, although it would be really nice if LAN was usable from the game menu.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942