• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Minimalizing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

Hi,

I would like to know how to minimize the game well playing. Currently I'm using the latest Ubuntu (14.04.1) on my Dell XPS 15 (L502X). On a previous version of Ubuntu or Urban Terror (I'm not sure which one), I was able to use the so called "Switch application via Launcher." bind (Super + Tab) in game and also the "Switches between Application" bind (Alt + Tab). Both minimization tricks worked out a little buggy:

• The super + tab bind deactivated my mouse movement it was stuck at the center of the screen on all other applications. But navigating by keyboard worked out fine, so I used this one the most.
  • The alt + tab bind didn't deactivate the movement of my mouse but when I went back to the UrT client the mouse didn't swapped back to UrT its 360 mouse movement (I was not able to turn around) and pointer style, the mouse kept the same look, feel and functionality.
  • I'm not sure and it's also not that important to me, but both tricks didn't mute the sound of UrT.

Now I updated ubuntu and urban terror and none of these tricks seem to work anymore, missing this functionality really became a problem to me. So I would appreciate it if someone knows a solution for this problem or if it will be added to the to do list of the next UrT or something xD

This post has been edited by Fleuv: 03 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

~ Cheers

xF.

#2 User is offline   sam Icon

• Account: sam
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

Interesting, i'll try it tomorrow on my box and give feedback later.

#3 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostFleuv, on 03 September 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Hi,

I would like to know how to minimize the game well playing. Currently I'm using the latest Ubuntu (14.04.1) on my Dell XPS 15 (L502X). On a previous version of Ubuntu or Urban Terror (I'm not sure which one), I was able to use the so called "Switch application via Launcher." bind (Super + Tab) in game and also the "Switches between Application" bind (Alt + Tab). Both minimization tricks worked out a little buggy:

• The super + tab bind deactivated my mouse movement it was stuck at the center of the screen on all other applications. But navigating by keyboard worked out fine, so I used this one the most.
  • The alt + tab bind didn't deactivate the movement of my mouse but when I went back to the UrT client the mouse didn't swapped back to UrT its 360 mouse movement (I was not able to turn around) and pointer style, the mouse kept the same look, feel and functionality.
  • I'm not sure and it's also not that important to me, but both tricks didn't mute the sound of UrT.

Now I updated ubuntu and urban terror and none of these tricks seem to work anymore, missing this functionality really became a problem to me. So I would appreciate it if someone knows a solution for this problem or if it will be added to the to do list of the next UrT or something xD

It will be a problem with the Unity desktop, or perhaps the Gnome 3 desktop which it is built on. I don't have this problem with KDE on Ubuntu.

#4 User is offline   sam Icon

• Account: sam
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

Yep, alttabbing out and into the game makes me lose rotation as well.

#5 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

Great to have some respons on this problem, however I would love to hear more.
~ Cheers

xF.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   cobalt60 Icon

• Account: cobalt60

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

alt-tab works fine for me, and I use it all the time. Im willing to bet this problem is specific to the Unity DE. How set are you on using Unity? You could try an alternative like LXDE

#7 User is offline   Ahmad99 Icon

• Account: ahmad99

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:18 AM

Type /in_restart when the cursor won't disappear after getting back to the game

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942