• Account: vortex2

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:14 AM

More dynamic sound!

#142 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

View PostRappio, on 18 January 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

Could we get cfg option to configure option for time of thawing. ATM its way too long and i think its reason its not played a lot.

g_thawTime and g_meltdownTime

#143 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

• Account: vortex2

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:38 PM

Flashbangs only for bomb mode?

#144 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

With 4.2 we got a beautiful new UI, which makes the game look so much more modern and sleek. Based on my late reflections on hit information and the UI in general, the following are a few more wishes of mine for the presentation of the game. The first are also useful from the view of a player. Some of the later wishes are probably repetitions of my post one and a half year ago, but this very much overwrites that whole post.

I tried to order them from easy to impossible, but not knowing the code, that can be completely wrong. On the other hand, the later wishes are are also the ones giving the biggest payoff.

Formatting of hit information
  • Similar to the new and minimized version of the kill feed, could an alternative formatting for hit information be done? It could something like this for hitting an opponent. When being hit the arrow would go the other way. This would also be very useful when playing.

-> PlayerName [shortest limb-descriptor] damage%

So for example when a player hits a red player in the helmet with an LR300 it would look like this

-> PlayerName [Helmet] 51%

• It would also be sweet, if the cg_showbullethits was able to be set to only show outgoing hits.
  • Since people are usually not chatting and shooting at the same time. The hit information could be moved down into the chat as an alternative. This is quite an experimental suggestion though, and I have no idea if it looks better that way.

Positioning of teamoverlay

• Have the team overlay be fixed with red the first on top and blue the second below. Currently it is relative to the player spectated, and swaps places when switching to a player from the opposing team.
  • Similar to cg_drawTeamScores "2" centering the gamescore, it would look very good with having the overlay split the same way, with the red team on the left edge of the screen and the blue at its current position.
    • Obvious problem is that it will block the chat, which could be moved with a cvar more towards the center to compensate.

Cross-team information on spectator
  • Have all players from both teams be shown on the minimap.
  • Have HP information of all players shown in the team overlay. So a player at 35 hp with a blue armband color would look something like.

PlayerName 35 ❚

Playernames
When free-roaming playernames and healthbars are shown with cg_SpectatorShoutcaster. Having this also shown when spectating from the first person would tremendously make it easier to read the situation.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 12 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#145 User is offline   bubbleboy Icon

• Account: bubbleboy
  • Main tag:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

Those are all really good ui suggestions imo. Just to add to having all players showing on both teams on the minimap, the rgb colours of the player arrows on the minimap would need to be forced to the colour of their skin or else this won't be very useful. It would be nice if spectators can see the minimap like this while still allowing the players to use custom rgbs.
MAKU

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#146 User is offline   samchun Icon

• Account: samchun

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:51 AM

Fragment grenades ? :biggrin:

Boxing ? (when all weapons are dropped)

#147 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:53 AM

I was thinking in a best way for can update the UrT...the FS team maked a little menu in the left bar for put the news. Why not make a buttom than say "Update", and this can connect with the page and download the last updates for the game?

#148 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

View Postbubbleboy, on 12 February 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Those are all really good ui suggestions imo. Just to add to having all players showing on both teams on the minimap, the rgb colours of the player arrows on the minimap would need to be forced to the colour of their skin or else this won't be very useful. It would be nice if spectators can see the minimap like this while still allowing the players to use custom rgbs.

You mean something like the g_armbands being turned off client-side specifically when spectating only? That would definetely be sweet together with showing all ten players, as the minimap would be quite unreadable otherwise.

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#149 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:40 PM

View PostAnonDafb, on 13 February 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

I was thinking in a best way for can update the UrT...the FS team maked a little menu in the left bar for put the news. Why not make a buttom than say "Update", and this can connect with the page and download the last updates for the game?

Because that's actually a lot more complicated than you may think. The "news" window exists because the auth system was already in place, so it was rather easy to transfer a few strings of text over to each client and have them display that text. However, there currently is no functionality whatsoever to launch another application from within the game. With the added problems of the linux updater only being a console application and so on...
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#150 User is offline   oddcam Icon

• Account: oddcam

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:31 AM

Any chance we can get a good Freeze mode in upcoming versions? Used to be quite popular.

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942