Urban Terror Forums: Fresh installation 4.2.19 won't start - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fresh installation 4.2.19 won't start Rate Topic: -----

Full game installation

#1 User is offline   gimpo Icon

• Account: gimpo

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:37 AM

Hello,

I was an happy gamer while using version 4.2.018. Before yesterday I saw that version 4.2.19 was available so I have run UrTUpdater_Ded.x86_64 to updated the game... it crashes after selecting a map on the server play list.
Yesterday I have downloaded the version 019 (full game = 1.8 GB), I run again the UrTUpdater_Ded.x86_64 program and now the updater says me "you have 4.2.020 installed with success". But... when I press the button "play now" nothing happens :(

From terminal:
I start the game as before: ./Quake3-UrT.x86_64 but again same problems:

1) In the lower-right corner I still see "Urban Terror 4.2.018" (why???)
2) After selecting a map on the server-list the game crashes.

On terminal I see:
blablabla
-----------------
Sys_Error: VM_Create on UI failed. It may be because you are running a different version from this server. Please check that you are up to date on www.urbanterror.info

I don't understand what's going on. I have completely erased the previous 4.2.018 folder and I have unzipped the full game in a new directory (yes, I lost all my settings... :sad: )

Why it states that I'm using the old version 018???
Why it crashes?
Any clue?
Help!

p.s.: I've run the updater multiple times, it always states the my game is updated to version 4.2.020.

p.p.s: I'm crying... :sad:

#2 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:57 AM

Looks like this attack (see also this update in the same thread). The client binaries in the newest release (4.2.020) contain a fix for this exploit, but it’s, uh, a bit funky, hence your problem. Delete all third-party maps in your q3ut4 folder that have been downloaded in September and you should be fine.

EDIT: This “VM_Create on UI failed” thing happened because most servers haven’t been updated yet, the release was around midnight in Europe.

This post has been edited by JRandomNoob: 01 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#3 User is offline   gimpo Icon

• Account: gimpo

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for the support but... why I still see "Urban Terror 4.2.018" in a fresh installation 19 updated to 20???

Maybe It would be better to erase everything and make a fresh installation of version 20?

BTW: all maps are in the q3ut4/ folder are coming with the installation, so they are dated 14 September. Just 2 are marked 1st of October (my two attempts to play online with new maps)

#4 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:31 PM

View Postgimpo, on 01 October 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Maybe It would be better to erase everything and make a fresh installation of version 20?
BTW: all maps are in the q3ut4/ folder are coming with the installation, so they are dated 14 September. Just 2 are marked 1st of October (my two attempts to play online with new maps)

Do not forget that extra maps (downloaded from gameservers) are stored in ~/.q3a/q3ut4/ this one is under your home directory, and it is different from the one in your installation directory. You need to activate the option to "show hidden files" in your file manager, or go there with a console... (*.pk3 files here could be the malicious).

On the other hand, in the installation q3ut4 the *.pk3 files should be only: ut4_commune.pk3, ut4_jumpents.pk3, zUrT42_qvm.pk3 and the rest are zUrT42_00xx.pk3 files (where xx goes from 01 to 28 now).

The advice is to FIRST delete all *.pk3 files (or at least the newest ones) under ~/.q3a/q3ut4/ and check there are no strange *.pk3 under the q3ut4 in your installation filles, then to be sure to update your game.

This post has been edited by karnute: 01 October 2014 - 11:38 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942