• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Map Quake to Urt Rate Topic: -----

#12 User is offline   Dengad Icon

• Account: dengad

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:32 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 08 December 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

I can not condone this with copyrighted maps. We get upset when someone ports one of our maps to another game without permission so I can not say this is ok.

Sorry but I absolutely do not need OK , I'm not going to obey some rules which hurt players . I convert the map for players and server admins , and everyone is happy . And the FS group I would advice to review code of the game , my old server 4.1 on a lot more stable than your new 4.2 . Plug in the team code of the Creator of the mods based on the QVM is the programmer of a very high level which will be able to fix the game . Not to spoil the forum write a personal message and I'll answer them .

#13 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostDengad, on 09 December 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

Sorry but I absolutely do not need OK , I'm not going to obey some rules which hurt players . I convert the map for players and server admins , and everyone is happy . And the FS group I would advice to review code of the game , my old server 4.1 on a lot more stable than your new 4.2 . Plug in the team code of the Creator of the mods based on the QVM is the programmer of a very high level which will be able to fix the game . Not to spoil the forum write a personal message and I'll answer them .

i like this guy..

you can't expect fs to encourage you to port maps without asking its designers if you are allowed to do so ..

gernerally speaking, you have to take into account that we are talking about q3a maps, this ain't brand new and aside from that people earned money working on those maps...

i feel like the whole copyright issue is a touchy subject for those working on maps for free but if you got rewarded for what you did/ paid that is and you moved on probably working on other/ bigger projects... well, then you might just give a shit if your old maps are ported to a free to play game with 300+ players... as long as not everybody starts porting maps from other games, i think it's save to say you can take the risk ..

i'd just make sure you don't claim you built those q3a maps, meaning: you have to give credit to the original map maker ..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#15 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 07 December 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

Urban Terror is still a Quake3 based mod so if you own a paid copy of the game your probably with in fair use rights. Where you could get into trouble is if the server opt makes the map and assets available via auto download to others that don't have the paid game.

3rd party though I don't see the issues as such maps are generally made available to the Quake 3 community gratis and since Urban Terror is a mod of Quake 3 in my opinion fair use has been established.

I suspect that the worst that will happen though is Zenamax will tell you to stop it but is still a roll of the dice.

This is pretty much a moot point now that quake 3 is now free.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Dengad Icon

• Account: dengad

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

hosting
http://yfb3752x.bget.ru/q3ut4/

here I add the map

#18 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:02 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 16 December 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

Well there is free and then there is free and then there is Zenimax who is unpredictable as a junkyard dog. Really though it is up to the server op to follow up on the TOS.

As for Quake3 being free.

Is it actually free as a deliverable? I'd like to check it out to keep up to date but some assume that because the code is GPL then a game using the idetech3 engine is also free.

If Zenimax is making Q3 available for free then the point is “rather” moot.

P.S. Official release notice from Zenie preferred and not some site that makes all games ever made available for “free” please.

hmmm. I did a google search and couldn't find anything. I swear, I thought quake 3 was free now. I remember reading somewhere that it was free now and... oh whatever, I was wrong.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942