• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

steam achievements for Resurgence?

#41 User is offline   Azle Icon

• Account: azle
  • Main tag: .aCe.

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:50 PM

@killspree: Skins don't help you win, they're just decoration, so it wouldn't be a "pay to win". Your suggestion of making people pay for UrT is probably not the best business model we can think of nowadays. People don't pay for digital goods anymore, they pay for extra services. That's why being free and giving them the choice to buy pretty weapon skins (not too different from the originals) is not only going to make the game more attractive it'll provide revenue for the team to invest in the game development. It's not about making as much money as possible, it's about being sustainable.

PS: You criticize Valve for being a cash machine. I thank them for providing a very good and cheap game with a working anticheat, an active community and a great competitive scene.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Azle: 24 March 2016 - 10:59 PM

Azle
Visit http://urtimes.info for Urban Terror News !

#42 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

Azzle pls read back because I said nothing about valve all i'm concerned about is having a whole shop inside the game if you guy's want to sell things for the game pls do it on the side like marketplace.

#43 User is offline   Alexdenton Icon

• Account: alexdenton
  • Main tag: efx|

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

As Azle said,
I'd love HD to have some stuffs you can buy. I think it's fine to implement some let's call them gadgets you can buy, things that don't give you any kind of advantage in the gameplay but that let you create your custom character. This way it won't be a pay to win, which is wrong, and players who can't afford to spend money to play won't feel any disadvantage.

I'm not exactly a rich person but I spend money to pre-order a game I like (Deus Ex Mankind Devided yay!) or other stuffs on steam for instance. I'd love to be able to support the game and to have, at the same time, something cool and funny in return.

FS develops the game for free and they gave us a very addictive game and there should be a way to thank them imo. Also, again I agree with Azle here, new players won't even feel it as a bad thing since a) they don't know how it worked before and b) pretty much every online game works like that nowadays.

tl;dr
I wouldn't pay 50 bucks to get the game but I would definitely pay some bucks to have a customized character, support the game and thank FS fot their work.

#44 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

Just use the CS:GO / TF2 model. Give drops, and chests. Sell keys to open chests.

Funstuff :)

#45 User is offline   mightypaul Icon

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:22 PM

I like a bit the system from another game Survarium.

I think would be cool to have all kinds of armors, helmets etc. Some for speed, others for defense. These can be bought with in game cash earned from playing but also exclusive items available only with real cash.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942