Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror 4.2.022 Christmas Release - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.2.022 Christmas Release Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Fixer Icon

• Account: fixer

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostBiddle, on 21 December 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

Works fine for us. You might want to explain us a little more what you mean by "not working" ?

I will try to explain. This server http://www.urbanterr....124.147:27990/ filled with bots (entirely) but in serverbrowser there is indication that they are humans, however bot indication is working fine on other servers.

Great update though...

This post has been edited by Fixer: 21 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

#12 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostFixer, on 21 December 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

I will try to explain. This server http://www.urbanterr....124.147:27990/ filled with bots (entirely) but in serverbrowser there is indication that they are humans, however bot indication is working fine on other servers.

Great update though...

Dude this server fakes ping to the bots. Thats the reason why it don't work. How to implement a prober bot filter if some admins takes effort to bypass it. ;)

This post has been edited by garcassgrinder: 21 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

#13 User is offline   Fixer Icon

• Account: fixer

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

View Postgarcassgrinder, on 21 December 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

Dude this server fakes ping to the bots. Thats the reason why it don't work. How to implement a prober bot filter if some admins takes effort to bypass it. ;)

My suggestion to developers - make "server blacklist" %)

#14 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

So I updtated my server from 4.1 to 4.2, and now feel really stupid. what is the easiest way to add this new update to the server. I d/l'ed it to my pc. Do I just upload it to the server and restart? thanks in advance for helping an old noob, :sad:

#15 User is offline   RaZoR2012 Icon

• Account: razor2012
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

This was for sure not the reason, but it is fixed now. :mellow: The filter should work.

This post has been edited by RaZoR2012: 21 December 2014 - 05:17 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostTheRealFubar, on 21 December 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

So I updtated my server from 4.1 to 4.2, and now feel really stupid. what is the easiest way to add this new update to the server. I d/l'ed it to my pc. Do I just upload it to the server and restart? thanks in advance for helping an old noob, :sad:

Best would be to delete all 4.1 files and use the full.zip to get a full copie of the game to the server.

Than just follow the manual at here:

Linux
http://www.urbanterr...server-install/

Win
http://www.urbanterr...server-install/

You have to create a new server.cfg from the server_example.cfg because of new cvars.
important settings

Rcon password
g_gametype
Sv_Maxclient

If you use linux as server os you can use spunky bot to admin the server
http://www.spunkybot.de

Have Fun Dude

This post has been edited by garcassgrinder: 21 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

#17 User is offline   Mookiii Icon

• Account: mookiii
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

BladeKiller worked on some special player skins that will automatically be available in-game only for Christmas (from December 22nd to December 29th). We hope that you will like them!

Love it, especially the new Knife :biggrin:

#18 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

View Postgarcassgrinder, on 21 December 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

And when my ping is detected as 0 I assume the server is detected as one with bots. - So it does not work I'd say.

#19 User is offline   RaZoR2012 Icon

• Account: razor2012
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

And when my ping is detected as 0 I assume the server is detected as one with bots. - So it does not work I'd say.

The ping has nothing to do with the bot detection in the ingame browser. The server count connected clients and if one is a bot the botcounter is increased and at the end the counted value it is put in an infostring. The gamebrowser get the information from the infostrings.This have nothing to do with the ping. :happy:

#20 User is offline   Clear Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: clear
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostRaZoR2012, on 22 December 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

The ping has nothing to do with the bot detection in the ingame browser. The server count connected clients and if one is a bot the botcounter is increased and at the end the counted value it is put in an infostring. The gamebrowser get the information from the infostrings.This have nothing to do with the ping. :happy:

Yup

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942