Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

URT Login/Auth Suggestions

#1 User is offline   Mr.Rogers Icon

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

I will be honest. I have played this game for ages now. Recently I have noticed that I need auth on 4.2 more often. So long story short, I forgot my username and password. That is where the trouble comes. Your system tells me that I need to know what my username is for any password recovery to be possible. I did not remember my username right away. I have used a few usernames over the years. Requiring a member to remember their username is difficult at best. Those that come back after years may not remember their username (on the URT site), but their email address is tied to that username. If you don't remember it, what hoops do you have to go through to recover it?

What I think is necessary for this system to work better:

1) recover username page (via email addr)
2) recover password page (already available)
3) CHANGE USERNAME option
4) Better exposure of the auth key (perhaps on the sidebar?)

#3 and #1 are critical. I don't go by my current username any more, but I can't change it on your site. How can i change it without a new account? Also, I would like to be able to post on the forums as the username I am using in-game. Since I can't change it, nobody knows who Mr.Rogers is, as I have not used that name in years.

#1 and 2 are standard across most sites with logon and password. There is no excuse for not having username recovery (in my opinion).

Another point - If you ever make the option to tie auth name (username) and in-game username, being able to change your username would be critical.

Anyway, I hope somebody reads this and takes it seriously, as a developer myself, I am surprised some of these have not been addressed yet.

(if they have been addressed already, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction on the boards. Thanks)

Finally, the auth key link is not very easy to find for a standard user (imo). As it is a rather important element of 4.2, maybe it should be on the sidebar if that is possible? Or somewhere more obvious?

**I also noticed that I am still tied to a clan that is no longer active. Being able to remove clan ties would be good as well.

Thanks to all involved in keeping one of my favorite games alive!

This post has been edited by Mr.Rogers: 24 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942