• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What happened... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ibrahim2712 Icon

• Account: ibrahim2712

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

I haven't played Urban Terror for i think around 5 years. Back then in 4.1, there was sooo many servers, there was pistols n spaz bomb mode which was my favorite. And countless other servers that were always full. Like the uptown b00b server was always full of people. And the game was just packed with people every single day.

Forward 2015, i have a new PC and i download this game, and its almost dead? What the heck happened? The only servers available are some CTF or TDM servers. No bomb, or zombie servers? I'm seriously concerned about the future of UrT. The creators need to do something to give it some publicity. Why did it die down over the years?? What happened to all the people who used to play this game?

This game is amazing, if more people knew about it, it would get so much hype. Damn, this depresses me so much, easily my favorite game i played as a teenager. I was getting all nostalgia when i was playing CTF in the old maps i used to love. So many memories in every map, it just saddens me that there is so few players.

#2 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

Ok...first than all, we don't support more the UrT 4.1.
If you want download the UrT 4.2 go here ~> http://www.urbanterror.info/downloads/
And if you are using the 4.2, in the server list, appear the server than you want, sr8, ctf, jump, zombie, freeze, bomb and more, and the urt is not dead, you think that, but how you said before, you don't play since 5 year ago :/

#4 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

I don't think QA knows how to read...

He is right, there are only 2 popular servers that you can get under 100ping if you are from the U.S. and those are the 2 CTF servers FA and urtctf.

90% of the time the other decent servers are empty or filled with people over 150ping

The game has died because of the developers wasted time with urt HD.

The only thing that will re-kindle the fire for urt is the move to UE4 and lots of us are worried about the physics between IDTech 3 and UE4.
.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#5 User is offline   ibrahim2712 Icon

• Account: ibrahim2712

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:25 AM

I have 4.2 and i know there are servers but they are all empty. The only ones with people on it is CTF and theres like 2 of them...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   sungod Icon

• Account: sungod

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

View Postibrahim2712, on 31 January 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

I have 4.2 and i know there are servers but they are all empty. The only ones with people on it is CTF and theres like 2 of them...

I mostly play bomb in 4.2

Two servers that are completely full at night time in europe are
Dwsp Bomb all maps http://www.dswp.de/
gXS bomb http://bubbleclub.de/ Dust map

Both run with fine set of active admins and community.
Frag you there

#7 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostMuffie, on 31 January 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

90% of the time the other decent servers are empty or filled with people over 150ping

If you are searching server modes, the KsL have goods servers.
I like play much in the =KsL=SR8 Only[MOD], there too the -kDo-Zombie Mode.
This servers are full the all day.
The higher ping is for the location of the servers.

#9 User is offline   tsunami Icon

• Account: tsunami
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

View Postibrahim2712, on 30 January 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

... The creators need to do something to give it some publicity. Why did it die down over the years?? What happened to all the people who used to play this game?

This game is amazing, if more people knew about it, it would get so much hype. Damn, this depresses me so much, easily my favorite game i played as a teenager. I was getting all nostalgia when i was playing CTF in the old maps i used to love. So many memories in every map, it just saddens me that there is so few players.

The game dies (and is almost like dead compared to the game only few years ago) and most ppl have left it. The development is to slow to be interesting for the majority of people so they left. Will there be a change? I doubt it.
live.love.regret

#10 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:13 PM

View Posttsunami, on 17 February 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

The game dies (and is almost like dead compared to the game only few years ago) and most ppl have left it. The development is to slow to be interesting for the majority of people so they left. Will there be a change? I doubt it.

Yes, will go to have changes and new things!
Urban Terror is not dead!, yes some communities leave from UrT, but no for the game I think!
I was of the Urban Terror Colombia member, and the all players now no have time for playing UrT because are working or studying...for the moment there a little selection from colombia for play the leagues...returning to the most important, yes the game will go to have some new changes like the UrT HD, Animations, Weapons, Maps and more...(you can see the proyect and videos about how it's the animation made by Frankie V).
The work is slow because it's not easy, that require time, if we wanna show to the all players a good game with new features for fun game.

This post has been edited by AnonDafb: 17 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942