• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1. Navigating the Viewport

Starting in UE4 for UrT HD

#1 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:41 AM

Hello to all! I'm starting like all in UE4, but I want contribute this!
Can this help you, because this help me ;)
You can see here the basic controls and the action...
When you open the UE4, go to appear this:

Posted Image
Using this little area as a point of reference, get used to the Viewport Camera Controls. Below are the 3 most commonly used methods of navigating the Viewport in Unreal Engine 4.

Standard Controls

Control: Persepctive
Control: LMB + Drag                              Action: Moves the camera forward and backward and rotates left and right.
Control: RMB + Drag                              Action: Rotates the viewport camera.
Control: LMB + RMB + Drag,                       Action: Moves up and down.
Control: Orthographic (Top, Front, Side)
Control: LMB + Drag                              Action: Creates a marquee selection box.
Control: RMB + Drag                              Action: Pans the viewport camera.
Control: Focusing
Control: F                                       Action: Focuses the camera on the selected object. This is essential to make the most out of tumbling the camera.

WASD Fly Controls

Control: W | Numpad8 | Up                        Action: Moves the camera forward.
Control: S | Numpad2 | Down                      Action: Moves the camera backward.
Control: A | Numpad4 | Left                      Action: Moves the camera left.
Control: D | Numpad6 | Right                     Action: Moves the camera right.
Control: E | Numpad9 | Page Up                   Action: Moves the camera up.
Control: Q | Numpad7 | Page Dn                   Action: Moves the camera down.
Control: Z | Numpad1                             Action: Zooms the camera out (raises FOV).
Control: C | Numpad3                             Action: Zooms the camera in (lowers FOV).

Orbit, Dolly, and Track
Unreal Editor supports Maya-style pan, orbit, and zoom viewport controls, making it much easier for Maya artists to jump into the tool. If you are unfamiliar, here is a breakdown of the keys:

Control: Alt + LMB + Drag                        Action: Tumbles the viewport around a single pivot or point of interest.
Control: Alt + RMB + Drag                        Action: Dollies (zooms) the camera toward and away from a single pivot or point of interest.
Control: Alt + MMB + Drag                        Action: Tracks the camera left, right, up, and down in the direction of mouse movement.

This post has been edited by AnonDafb: 03 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

#2 User is offline   Jhoosantos97 Icon

• Account: jhoosantos97

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

This tutorials helped me alot! Take a look: https://www.youtube....luO7N2Pmmw9pvhE

This post has been edited by Jhoosantos97: 05 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

#3 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:02 AM

View PostJhoosantos97, on 05 March 2015 - 11:09 PM, said:

This tutorials helped me alot! Take a look: https://www.youtube....luO7N2Pmmw9pvhE

Thank you ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942