• You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on?

#31 User is offline   Leighrex. Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: leighrex
  • Main tag: QA|

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:33 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 25 March 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

Well it's currently not possible to do icyjumps on UE4 but it's definitely on my to-do list for UrT HD's physics.

Gives me time to learn how to use UE4, was previously learning UDK3 so I guess it wouldn't be the biggest learning curve. Please let me know when that'll be available, thank-you! :D
YouTube - www.youtube.com/leighrex
Leighrex.

#33 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

After several hours of working we finally made it happen.
Posted Image
My map Hill is being the first one to get an overhaul. Next up is modelling the crates (the white boxes), so they'll be in HD.
Also texturing is next. Alot of work to do.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   codemadeflesh Icon

•   mapper   

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 26 March 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

Remember you don't have to worry about tris count in UE4 so break those window sills, batter down your doors, punch holes in your walls. Don't be afraid to add damage and small details to your buildings so they don't look like piled blocks.

I suppose vis blocking isn't such an issue either then? No need to spend days on the structural hull and hint brushes?

#37 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 26 March 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

It's great to see you guys working in UE4. Remember you don't have to worry about tris count in UE4 so break those window sills, batter down your doors, punch holes in your walls. Don't be afraid to add damage and small details to your buildings so they don't look like piled blocks. You can have a lot more fun with UE4.

Alot of improvement can be made, and there's still a long time till it's done.

#39 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:06 AM

just sat through your abbey walkthrough but watching you walk all over that bench and table got me thinking:

you are porting urt's classic maps to urt hd, the layout of the map is easily recognizable but that's a purely visual effect.

how close will you be able to recreate the feeling of those maps?
will all the jumps we know, love and use in all the various maps still be possible?
is this something you are going for at all?

it's kind of weird to see those maps take shape when on the other hand the physics engine/ part seems to be far from finsihed.

quite frankly i don't see the logic behind that approach. if you don't know what's possible in physic's terms then how can you already build maps that demand a certain movement in order to be worthy enough to represent those maps in urt hd?

shed some light on that matter.. thanks

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 28 March 2015 - 01:24 AM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942