• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on?

#41 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:28 AM

uh.. just a quick reply...

so do i get this right?
the feeling of the game is not held together anymore by one consistent physics/ movement concept but is defined by whatever mapcreators decide should be possible?

so there won't be a way for me to predict and execute jumps based on my experience with the engine since the map makers will decide what urt feels like? not one of them of course but the sum of all the stuff mapmakers put out will form what urt hd feels like?

e.g. in urt 4.2 i know how far a walljump will take me, in urt hd said jump might not carry me far enough to reach a certain spot, so the mapmaker won't change the map to fit the engine's limits but will instead increase the distance my jump will carry me? is this the way it's going to work? if so, this sounds rather inconsistent. the appeal of urt 4.1/4.2 (for me at least) was that you could get better depending on how well you knew the engine. if the physics now are all over the place/ map, then i am afraid this game will lose its tight, difficult to master feel.

say it ain't so!

follow-up: you didn't answer whether or not we will have all the jumps we know on those classic maps (uptown, casa, abbey, etc.).

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 28 March 2015 - 04:28 AM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#44 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

I have a little question. What's the more easy way? Start by Radiant and pass it to Ue4, or start with Ue4?

This post has been edited by AnonDafb: 28 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

Let me get this straight: In Unreal Tournament Alpha, the maps are created by "Brushwork"(Its called brushes in Radiant) and then once they have found a working layout, they start replacing the "Brushes" with models, am i right?

So you Don't need a 3D editor to make a map!
Sure the maps will not be of the greatest quality if you only make it with brushwork BUT it is possible!

But yeah as KarlMariaSeeberg said, i will not start mapping until the UrTHD movement blueprint is done and handed to the people.
Because i can not make the jumps without knowing how the movement will work and i want my jumps to be straight (:
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#47 User is offline   Jhoosantos97 Icon

• Account: jhoosantos97

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jhoosantos97: 28 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

#48 User is offline   ottone Icon

• Account: ottone
  • Main tag: =IvN=

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostAnonDafb, on 28 March 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

I have a little question. What's the more easy way? Start by Radiant and pass it to Ue4, or start with Ue4?

It's not a good idea starting a map with GTK and import it into UE editor, but it's only my opinion.
here a tutorial to have a right proportion about wall, door and ceiling:

#49 User is offline   Jhoosantos97 Icon

• Account: jhoosantos97

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

Aaaand 3 hours before starting, i just finished my first blueprint, which is a simple toggle "turn on/off light" that activates when we get closer xD ( tutorial - UE ).

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jhoosantos97: 29 March 2015 - 03:01 AM

#50 User is offline   Ntr Icon

• Account: ntr

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942