Urban Terror Forums: 2 Fullscreens - Can't set brightness... - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 Fullscreens - Can't set brightness... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Elchorizo Icon

• Account: elchorizo

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

Hello all,

When playing, the game is game is displayed on the both monitors in fullscreen (mirrored). My problem is, when I try to set the brightness, it work only on second monitor.

I'm using proprietary drivers from ATI and Ubuntu 14.04. Here is what I've tryed to do :

- Modifying xorg.conf with metamodes, no change. Maybe works only for Nvidia cards ?
- Setting brightness in q3config.cfg => brightness keep working only on second monitor.

Also if there is a way to "say" to UT to be displayed only on first monitor it would be cooL. Actually, I've to disable second monitor to be able to set brightness. By the way, I'm using Steam (CS:GO), the game starts only on first monitor correctly.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Elcho -

This post has been edited by Elchorizo: 25 March 2015 - 09:51 PM

#2 User is offline   cobalt60 Icon

• Account: cobalt60

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:12 AM

Check out this post and feel free to ask any questions:

http://www.urbanterr...tartup-scripts/

My advice is to create a simple script to launch the game. I added to /usr/local/bin my startup script, named UrT. So to launch Urban Terror I just launch a terminal on my 2nd monitor and type in UrT, and the terminal on the second monitor provides output while I am playing

Im about to update that post with my latest incarnation as I accidentally just deleted it during an OS install and this will serve as a backup.

#3 User is offline   cobalt60 Icon

• Account: cobalt60

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:19 AM

And you will need to find your monitor name by runing xrandr

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942