• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut_austria

#1 User is offline   e-junkie Icon

• Account: ejunkie

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:39 PM

hey there. i have never had anything to do with mapping and i don't really understand how anything works, but if anybody is working on converting the ut_austria map to ue4 i could help out with some pictures of houses and stuff since i live in vienna.
but i don't know how "real" you want the map to be and if this sounds totally ridiculous.

#3 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:26 PM

a ut_vienna map with austria similar layout would be a nice change and freshing things up :D

tbh I would rather see NEW HD maps that old maps converted.. new engine. new physics. new game. new maps. nice boost of freshness to revive the community...
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Extra1 Icon

• Account: extra1

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

Hi all,

Frankie I understand your concern, at the moment i am getting used to the new engine you have a big head start on all of us I think.

I am working to realize a level in the new engine i figured if i start now i might be able to have something ready on release date I don't know if the map will be good in public opinion.

Perhaps there will be a few dozen maps by FS members and the community that everybody agrees on.
I'm being optimistic that more mappers will go from q3 and radiant to u4 engine its kinda big learning curve if you can get over that the challenge should keep anyone interested.

#7 User is offline   e-junkie Icon

• Account: ejunkie

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:25 PM

sory, i forgot that i actually posted this :wacko:
as far as i know they don't have google street fiew for vienna yet.
i'll try not to forget about this again.

we could try to implement a placa or a park or something and then work around that. or make a map where red dragon has to plant a bomb at the parliament xD

#9 User is offline   Ntr Icon

• Account: ntr

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:20 AM

I love the concept and the possibility of creating various seasons and the weather system.
But will we have to make players download the new updated version of the entire map every time such an update is made or will the game prompt the player that a smaller in size patch of the map is available and ready for download.
Where will the repository be, can we use our own dropbox and add info into the map as to where to connect for download when a new update is made?

And i think years ago some of us suggested a built in map browser in the game itself so players can browse through new maps, see screenshots, player reviews, and maybe even a number of servers that actually contain the map in rotation.
A feature like that would be very useful for players to help them decide which map they want to download, especially cause i doubt maps for UrT HD will be 5-15 MB's in size like maps for UrT 4.xx are.
And not many players want to spend time and bandwidth on a 200+ MB map that sucks or can't be found on any servers.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942