• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Post your cool stuff ideas here.

#11 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:53 AM

View Postdwn, on 20 April 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

you can do face expressions/annimations when we press the command radio and we know you love create dance on your characters so creates more :D

not sure this is really "cool stuff" but having tied radio commands to animations actually makes a lot of sense.
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#12 User is offline   dwn Icon

• Account: dwn

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

for exemple , i mean when you win a round your characters can take a laying ,like this http://www.e-monsite...orduals-jpg.jpg ( its a exemple pls )
bah ok its not radio commands but you have maybe the "laugh" and your characters laugh or taking a guitar and sings :d
still useless but hf

This post has been edited by dwn: 20 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

#13 User is offline   Orbit Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: orbit

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

It's not something amazing but i would like to see country flag(which is taken from urt profile) on shoulder, above armband.

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

View Postdwn, on 20 April 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

for exemple , i mean when you win a round your characters can take a laying ,like this http://www.e-monsite...orduals-jpg.jpg ( its a exemple pls )
bah ok its not radio commands but you have maybe the "laugh" and your characters laugh or taking a guitar and sings :d
still useless but hf

I was thinking more along the lines of "thumb up" ("Affirmative") or "thumb down" ("Negative") or laughing for the urtlol command.

Or something like that:
http://militaryhumor...s-meaning-1.jpg

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 20 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#15 User is offline   dwn Icon

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:28 PM

yeah but it's just a more or random ideas :>
maybe you can add a command for tag the wall or something like that , but it's a tag with 3,4 words maximum not pictures or for pictures , the pictures of team who have win something :> ( it's maybe better )
edit : i mean about pictures of team the logo or icon xd

This post has been edited by dwn: 20 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:51 PM

With animations, the question is. Where actually is the playermodel? Is it actually moving?

Take this as an example. The hitbox is still under the health bar, but visually that is not where the model appears to be. In UrT you don't even see the enemy health bar so while standing still, you could just spam the dance animation to become invisible.

If the hitbox/hitmesh follows the playermodel, this can still be abused. You can start the animation and when it has moved away from your actual position (the place you will be standing when the animation is over), you can cancel the animation to instantly pop back. Making your hitbox/hitmesh move from a to b super quick.

Animations would have to have really little movement, but I think even that can be abused.

http://i.gyazo.com/0...086c9b07f7f.png this area on top of laundry roof, you can only see their legs. If the animation moves the legs even just a little and they spam the animation while sidestepping, their going to be very annoying to hit.

#17 User is offline   dwn Icon

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:37 PM

you can add a time for do annimation 5s ect ect :<
no spam , no advantage

#18 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

View Postdwn, on 20 April 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

you can add a time for do annimation 5s ect ect :<
no spam , no advantage

Yes, that would solve the issues. :P I was just in "worst case scenario mode" when writing the comment.

#19 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:01 AM

ITT: More skin and more gore...

I honestly really don't like fan service like that in games, unless that is part of the point of the game. I don't want to have to hide this game from my fairly conservative parents. I want this game to be enjoyed by EVERYONE and more skin on models just doesn't work toward that end. Same with more gore.

I really like the animations for some radio commands. However this then makes the radio commands impossible to use in competitive play unless you can cancel an animation by just firing. I don't want to have my character unable to shoot if I use a radio command unless its one that would not be used in combat.

I like the Idea of being able to create your own clan logos to go on a Vest/Helmet etc, and I'm not sure that would be super difficult to implement either.

People are mostly mentioning character modeling stuff here and it wasn't specified that this was limited to character type stuff so here are a few other ideas I have had:

- The ability to create custom loadouts. I would love to have some saved loadouts that are easy to switch to. I currently do this via scripts but it would be nice to be able to have these be easily editable and be able to have at least 5-7 of these different loadouts which I can switch to at any time, and edit via a visual method.

- A fairly full script language. Currently I have a whole host of things which have been written into a config script. This gives me all sorts of different functionality at the tip of my fingers. You can see what I did HERE. An ability to use variables, and for loops and if then statements would be a HUGE improvement! I would LOVE to be able to set up scripts, like my current one, in HD. I also really hope that some of the same functionality will be available through these config scrips. Things like changing weapons and changing crosshair details, triggering radio commands etc should all be able to be done from the console, and then also be able to triggered through commands written into a config script.

- A better server browser than the steam server browser. I HATE the steam server browser. Its difficult to use and doesn't have very good filtering options (possibly I just don't know how to use it, but nothing is obvious about it). I honestly prefer the CURRENT UrT server browser over the steam browser... and that is saying something.

- A player rating system. I would love to see a competition level system eventually implemented somewhat similar to Counter Strike and many other E-Sport friendly games. Along with this, I would like to see official FS servers set up for official rated play where your ending scores would actually be applied to your character and affect your official level of play. Of course anyone can host an open game which does not affect your level in any way. This is similar to CS, DOTA, LoL, and other E-Sports friendly games. This would really help push UrT into the realm of E-Sports and help it become a real competitor in this area.

#20 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

Kronik: Imo there should be an option to turn off gore (much gore, little gore & no gore.) and radio commands/taunts. (Radio command animations could even be server based, on/off)
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942