• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unofficial NC:XVII shoutcasts Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:51 PM

Hello Everybody. Ikslorin back with some more videos :D

This time I'm not here with another edit, though I probably should begin working on the next OCE this weekend or next week (depends on if I can get myself away from learning/playing StarCraft II).

Part of the reason I've begun doing something with my YouTube channel was also the fact that I wanted to strengthen my vocal english and also learn the skills of commentating. Because of that I started to make Hearthstone videos ( sorry to the 2 UrT subs, who had to unsub :D ), but I also started to do shoutcasting, as I thought being able to do that was not only a useful but fun skill to have. So I started to shoutcast the Quarter, Semi and Finals of the NationsCup XVII (the one from 2014).

Today the very last part of the finals was published, bringing me to the end of the NC XVII after making a bit more than 7 hours of content, making this probably the best time to gather feedback.

The two parts of the Finals (the last series I've shoutcasted) can be found here:

The playlist with all the shoutcasts can be found here:

Since I used this project as a playground to learn the skill, I chose to have a pre- and post-show for every match.

I've only really watched StarCraft II shoutcasts, which probably has had a lot of influence on how I shoutcast.

I did review all the videos, and added notes in the description of evey shoutcast. I have them collected here (unuseful or duplicates removed).
  • Has to focus on situational awareness, explaining the why's and not focus as much on the what's and find a rhythm to be able to naturally begin describing the action.
  • Has to remember to call the players by name and not pronouns.
  • Has to start talking about anything else than trading and amount of players left.
  • Has slowly begun focusing hard on analysis and not play-by-play commentary, and has to make it balanced.
  • Seem to fixate on whatever been the focus in the pre-show, to the extend that the analysis of the plays is incorrect.
    Also forgot to mention the insane comeback that happened in this match.
  • has chosen to be very play-by-play focused this time, which works much better, but again shows lack of situational awareness.
  • Got a bit lost on common phrases, so would have to focus and remember those.
  • Has to be more aware of wording, as can use wrong words or even antonyms when excited.
  • Seem to sometimes use the wrong country making me say the opposite thing than what is happening.

I'd love to hear all feedback, especially the negative. It can be about anything: Graphics, Format, Commentary, etc..

I plan to do the same with NC XVIII, but probably do a whole series in one go to make the video spoiler-free. I will start on that after collecting some feedback here and do some research on UrT and CS commentary, to counteract the SC2 style.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 01 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942