• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quake physics in Unreal Engine

#31 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 30 August 2015 - 12:15 AM, said:

Jump mode is Urban Terror single player.

Bot's also but you are not catching my drift.

Most games that end up in stores are games with a lot of work in a single player mode (cod-moh etc..) with a lot of in between level video's and story.
The game is made so everybody can enjoy it and will have about the same skill.

But they are so they say focused on the multiplayer aspect where as urt is only focussed on multiplayer so are jump maps only time when i start a jump map in single player mode is when i want to cheat.
Urt has a massive advantage in the multiplayer aspect because of the unique gaming style.

#32 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 19 August 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Exactly what you said about FS being able to afford having no skill ceiling is what I see the differences will always be, and across the board.

I cannot know what they are being able to afford , but Urban Terror is skillcapped .

#33 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

You're absolutely right, it is skill capped.
It can afford not to be in the sense that Frozen Sand doesn't have shareholders to force a direction of absolute money above all, and I see this as it's greatest potential.
While everybody involved should be compensated and money should be earned, Urban Terror is more a religious cult than a blockbuster commercial enterprise.
"The game is made so everybody can enjoy it and will have about the same skill." <- Something Urban Terror does not have to adhere to.

Not all the time, but most singleplayer campaigns on big multiplayer-focused FPS games are terrible.
They seem to be made as cinematic as possible with the biggest names they can get to make commercials with digital Kevin Spacey to sell a multiplayer game that sometimes doesn't even contain similar weapons or gameplay as the 8 hour singleplayer and advertised campaign.
Jump mode is a much better singleplayer experience. Better bots would be great, though.

Seriously though, Quake physics VS Titanfall makes UrT look like it has NO skillcap while Titanfall is like NES Mario but with a double-jump.
In video and with brand new players it can appear similar, even more advanced in Titanfall, but when you're used to the freedom of Quake physics Titanfall is a rail-shooter.

My biggest fear here is Urban Terror turning into Tribes: Ascend where everybody can move super fast and all weapons are slow projectiles and headshots don't matter.
When you "take away" the "skill ceiling" sometimes zany decisions are made to remove "luck" like headshots.

Again, opinions.

This post has been edited by beautifulNihilist: 31 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

#34 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:15 AM

Yah, I hope to God that HD doesn't end up like tribes.

#35 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

I hope to God that Activision don't patent the term powerslide and bullies frozen sand.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostFredrik, on 02 September 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

I hope to God that Activision don't patent the term powerslide and bullies frozen sand.

Luckily you cant patent a term only an idea. They could patent the idea although it would be defeated by prior art. Frozen sand and others have done it before.

They could trademark a term, which is defeated by calling it something else or nothing at all. :)

This post has been edited by bluewormx: 02 September 2015 - 04:55 PM

#37 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:30 PM

Skillcapped as limiting ones effectiveness (I thought it is obvious) .
Religious cultists usually are ignorant about the flaws of their religion/s ...

#38 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

Your language barrier still prevents you from noticing when people agree with you.

But there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#39 User is offline   Kojakmbp Icon

• Account: kojakmbp

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

I'm looking for a documentation, about character hight (guess is 72 units), how high he can jump, max speed and so on. Guys with experience in Radiat can maybe tell me that. thx.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942