• You cannot reply to this topic

UrT HD Domination Gamemode?

#1 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

Hey guys!

I really wish that with UrT HD you will make the gamemode "Domination" (well 4.x have Capture and Hold but i really think this gamemode need to work differently for HD)

The Domination mode features three Nodes/Flags on a map that players can capture for their team.

To capture a node/flag, players must walk up to the node and perform a Hack [Check This Link for info]. Successfully hacking a node will immediately transfer control to your team.

Nodes can also be captured by standing near them, but this takes longer. Increasing the number of players in the vicinity of the control point increases the speed it is taken over.

Controlled nodes will generate 1 point per second for your team, unless an enemy is standing next to them (e.g. hacking it). (So 2 nodes give 2 points per second and 3 nodes give 3pps)

All nodes and their current ownership for either team are visible throughout the map, so that players can react immediately when a node owned by their team is under attack.

Once the first team to hit 750 points (or if the time runs out: the team with most points) will win.

Many games (Battlefield, CoD, Blacklight etc.) have this gamemode and it's my favorite gamemode of all time since it's very tactical and can make up some great E-sport matches.
The game that made this gamemode best in my opinion is Blacklight: Retribution (they added the hacking nodes/flags feature which makes the gamemode much faster which would benfit UrT gameplay)

The info i presented here is from Blacklight: Retribution and im not saying that this is exactly how the UrT HD Version of Domination should be, its just the best version of domination yet (:
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#4 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:50 PM

@Bladekiller: It sure is :D

@Zenity: Well im not saying that this hacking feature needs to be there, though it makes the gameplay faster in BLR since a hack can take 1 person 5 seconds to capture a node/flag, instead of ~30 seconds by standing in its vicinity and waiting.
And in bomb mode its the same, you plant and defuse the bomb :P

Anyway i'm not saying this is how the gamemode has to be, ofc there can be an own UrTHD touch of it (:
This is just the version of domination i find the best, so prove me wrong ;)
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#5 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

@Zenity & @JustMe

I would suggest that instead of a "Hacking" procedure, you opt for the way that destiny handles this. There is a white chalk circle around the flag which players must stand in to de-score the enemy flags or score neutral flags for your team.

The more people in the circle, the faster you are able to de-score or score. Having enemies in the circle stops the de-scoring or scoring process until they are killed or move out of the circle. In the case of multiple people, the team with more people can keep scoring but slower, for example: 2 blue and 1 red is in the circle. Thus the game considers blue to still be capturing but at the rate of 1 person in the circle, since the other blue is canceled out by the red. If there are 2 blue and 2 red then all scoring stops, same as 1 v 1. (I hope this all made sense)

All points should have a percentage value that is shown on the mini map or displayed wallhack style over the flag so that anyone can see the current status of any of the points from anywhere on the map. All flags start out at 0% or neutral. If a blue enters the ring, then the point starts increasing its % value until it reaches 100% blue which means that blue has successfully captured a point. If a point is at 100% blue, and a red enters the ring, then the point should start decreasing its % untill it reaches 0% which means the point is neutral. Then assuming the red player is still in the circle, it will start increasing its % value until it reaches 100% red which means that red has successfully captured that point.

A graphic of a gray scale flag which fills with either blue or red depending on its status is a decent way to show this, or perhaps the way destiny does it which is the point letter with a sort of gray scale doughnut around it which slowly fills in a circular pattern with the capturing color.

In the case that someone has started capturing a point and then leaves, then the point should show that it is still at X% and then drop back to 0% at a reasonable rate so that another team mate can come in and keep the capturing process up. If a point is at X% toward blue capture and no one is in the circle, and a red player enters the circle, the point instantly changes to 0% and then starts scoring for red.

This should work similar for de-scoring a point. If blue is de-scoring a red point and gets killed half way through, then the point should go back to 100% red over a set period of time. However if a red point is left at X% red, and a red player enters the circle, the point should instantly jump back to 100% red

This type of game mode is a way for weapons like shotguns to be relevant. Most fighting will be close quarters in this type of environment and provides a bit of a different feel than your typical CTF or TDM matches.

Here is a quick graphic of one of the destiny points being captured. You can see that point "A" is neutral and about 25% captured by blue. You can also see that C is currently captured by red even though you cant actually see the flag from the players position.

Posted Image

Overall I think its a great gametype and should Definitely be added to UrTHD

This post has been edited by KroniK: 06 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942