Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HUD Questions

#1 User is offline   RainbowSix Icon

• Account: rainbowsix

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:10 AM

Hello all! In UrTHD I have a suggestion that I think may be kind of cool. Please tell me what you think...
Running/sliding animations where gun goes to side. I know that this is not COD, but I think that it would be very helpful in making the gameplay more full of action. Maybe something like this:

Posted Image

If ANY of you have ever played COD you'll know what I'm talking about.
And how about making an actual laser beam instead of just a dot? Maybe?
FS devs thanks for making such an awesome game and please consider my ideas and let me know what you think!

P.S.: Sorry, just follow the image URL.
When in doubt shoot EVERYWHERE

#4 User is offline   baex Icon

• Account: baex

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:42 AM

Would be great to have an ingame HUD Creator like

http://visualhud.pk69.com/

That would probably eliminate all the problems someone could have with the hud.

View PostNounou, on 01 December 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hey I love you baex, but also, consider that i'm drunk

#5 User is offline   RainbowSix Icon

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

Exactly what Zenity said. I was thinking that maybe having a 180 degrees shooting angle in front of the player while power sliding (what Frankie V said). Also, when sprinting the gun would go to the side like in other games and would smoothly but quickly come back up(maybe make screen shake side to side as if running?), but not return to walking, when fire button is pressed. Idk if that would work, but I think that it would fix the very drab gun shaking thing that annoys the hell out of many of the people that I have talked to. Or how about maybe a config option?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:55 AM

I mean it could be only for 1st person this animation applies? Not that i really mind the current way though tbh (:
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#9 User is offline   RainbowSix Icon

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostZenity, on 06 August 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

We should have some animation anyway while the player is running, so a bit of "flicking" to the firing state is already expected. We can just exaggerate it a bit for sprinting and sliding states, so we can probably come up with some decent middle ground. There can never be lag between pressing the fire button and the bullet being released though, so the animation has to follow suit.

Also if we experiment with an alternative movement mode ("action mode"), we could consider changing sprint and powersliding to something more active which does not allow shooting. E.g. if we go with unlimited stamina, the tradeoff for sprinting could simply be that the weapon is lowered and it takes 0.5 seconds or so before you can switch from sprinting to shooting. Same for powersliding.

That sounds GREAT! Maybe as like an option in the settings or something? Would you consider putting it in the game?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942