• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FR-F1 What is it good for?

#1 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:35 AM

So overall I am liking the RC2 but my only complaint is with the FR-F1.

I simply don't know what it is good for. Everything about it appears to be identical to the SR8 except that the FR-F1 deals less damage. The reload times appear to be identical, You have to scope out between each shot, and there is no zoom difference between the two weapons. I don't see any reason to use it over the SR8. Maybe it is better at no-scope? I didn't test that but I don't get a crosshair when zoomed out, so its obviously not meant to be no-scoped.

If an FS dev can enlighten me that would be nice, as I currently see no reason to use it besides the fact that it would be a bit of a "hard mode" so to speak.

EDIT: Here is a video where I compare all 3 snipers: http://www.twitch.tv...k907/v/16744718

This post has been edited by KroniK: 19 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

#3 User is offline   sungod Icon

• Account: sungod

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

Sr8 High Damage, Highest reload time - NA
Fr-1 Medium Damage Medium Reload time - Dunno about silencer
PSG-1 Lowest Damage Lowest Reload time - Attachment Silencer

I think its welcome addition.

I couldn't get hits cos of 350 ping on official server.
But same can be said for lr300 and knife :)

#4 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

@sungod

It appears to have nearly the same reload time as the SR8

@frankie

I'm not sure I understand. The concept was to simply re-skin the SR8 but then was just added as its own weapon with a lower damage value?

I guess the reload time might be just a tad quicker than the SR8, and the spread seems to be a bit smaller on the FRF1 when moving, and there is an extra round in each magazine, but I'm not sure that makes up for the fact that a chest hit only does 80% damage while an SR8 chest hit does 100% damage. The PSG-1 makes up for its low damage through being a semi-automatic and staying scoped in after each shot. the FRF1 tries to find a middle ground but unfortunately it seems to be worse than both.

Overall, I would wish that instead of the FRF1, we get that .50 Cal from the instagig game mode, with a few tweaks. If there were only 3 rounds per magazine, and the no-scope shots were not laser accurate, that thing would be a solid alternative to both the SR8 and the PSG-1.

It would be 100% kill all the time, it would stay scoped-in in between each shot, and the time between shots is a bit quicker than the SR8 but quite a bit slower than the PSG. However the down sides are that the smoke trail gives away your exact position, reloading the magazine takes quite a long time, you only get 3 shots per magazine (12 shots total), and you only get x6 zoom.

This post has been edited by KroniK: 19 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

#5 User is offline   boplax Icon

• Account: boplax

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

i wish fs could have just changed the bolt action and reload animation of frf1 if it's just a copy of sr8. sniping is most of the time is about rhythm specially if you're on a streak shooting. this gives the option for hardcore wannabe snipers which one suits them just like hardcore gunners that use lr300 and m4 which mainly the firing sound is the only difference.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

EDIT: This post is redundant, as FrankieV replied in the mean time.

Haven't been able to mess around too much, but the spread on cross hair on the FR-F1 is not existent even when moving. So wouldn't that indicate it being a "sniper rifle on the go"?

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 19 September 2015 - 10:45 AM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#8 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostIkslorin, on 19 September 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

EDIT: This post is redundant, as FrankieV replied in the mean time.

Haven't been able to mess around too much, but the spread on cross hair on the FR-F1 is not existent even when moving. So wouldn't that indicate it being a "sniper rifle on the go"?

Well I tried to do a real comparison here: http://www.twitch.tv...k907/v/16744718

I'm not sure how accurate the bullet holes are but the evidence shows that the PSG-1 is a bit more accurate "on the go" than the FR-F1.

#9 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

I believe the FR-F1 should have the same movement penalty as the SR8, and the 50. cal should stay in Gun Game only, due to it being over powered in regular matches.

side note: The PSG-1 has always had no movement penalty, even when sliding on ice at high speed I can hit what I'm aiming at. I actually like this feature and I think it should stay that way. Would it be possible to replicate this UrT HD?

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#10 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

i would love to see a silencer on the frf1. maybe even one that does not reduce the damage (because with lower damage it would basically be a lesser PSG, which is kinda useless).
Besides that i really like it, though i dont see any reason to drop my sr8 for a lower damage bolt action rifle (even if its more accurate on the run. if i can kill stuff with a sr8, why try and tag stuff with a frf1)

So all in all adding a silencer would actually make it a considerable choice for me. (i do like silencers :) )
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942