• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FR-F1 What is it good for?

#21 User is offline   akai Icon

• Account: akai

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:56 PM

OR ... keep the FRF1 as it is in RC3 with in addition the possibility to no scope.
Kinda like the SSG on csgo.
It'd be useful

#22 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:39 PM

View PostIye, on 06 March 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

- nearly the same bolt action time as the sr8
- handling nearly like a sr8

Having used the FR-F1 for a few hours and then switching to the SR-8, I must say, that the bolt-action time of the SR-8 is noticably slow in comparison. While I don't have any hard numbers, it feels almost double, and the difference is certainly of value.

View PostIye, on 06 March 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

essentially, its a weaker sr8. which makes it useless imo. i just cant think of any situation where i would pick a frf1 over a sr8, or even a psg if i would fancy firerate for whatever reason.

So, both the SR-8 and the FR-F1 are bolt-action rifles, where the FR-F1 is weaker. But for the lower damage you get
  • One extra bullet per magazine
    • 3 kills with bodyshots and 6 with pure headshots.

• Higher firerate
  • Higher accuracy while moving
  • Jumping shots, like the PSG-1

So, if you're amazing and can almost land all the headshots it's strictly better, than the SR-8. That is quite an unreasonable thing to expect of most people though.

More importantly, I cannot remember what FS person said it, but the idea of the snipers being more of a supporting player was written in a blue post at some point. So what if the FR-F1 is (as I interpret it to be) a supporting sniper rifle? This means, that it doesn't make much sense to compare it to the SR-8. The SR-8 is used to lock down areas of the map and not for supporting other players, which can even be seen in the fact, that quite a few setups and strategies assign a supporting player to the sniper.

Now, if this interpretation of the FR-F1 is correct, it's obviously still up to debate, if it fulfills its purpose correctly. Things like the suggested bleed, noscoping, use of silencer and even less movement penalty are interesting areas to explore.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 09 March 2016 - 08:51 AM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#23 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

The FRF1 will be seing some tweaks before the final 4.3 release :)

#24 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:03 PM

I'm pretty sure the FR-F1 fires like 1.5x faster than the SR-8 and can do jump shots like the PSG-1 and the SSG-08 from GO
IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#25 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:57 AM

If there's any updates coming, can we address this now?
Biddle said there would be some tweaks, and there wasn't.

It still does 90 to torso AND NO BLEED.

The 4.0 PSG did 100 torso without kevlar, and that would make every other issues void if we wanted a quick simple fix.

...but I still hold on to my weirder ideas I stated first, changed slightly:
Raise the unzoom damage-needed to 50.
Let it use a silencer.
Same damage model as it has now but all torso hits bleed, even kevlar.

It can already run and jump and it's still super weak.

It would still be the weakest rifle, but less frustrating.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#29 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:17 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 25 January 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

Well to let the cat out of the bag so to speak the original intent was to set up the FR-F1 to mirror the spec's and animations of the SR8 and was hot swapped using the SR8 animations to test the idea of having like weapons share the same set up.
As in
A sniper rifle is a sniper rifle but with a different model and a different skin. This was the case during testing and the "feel" was it's the same but different, kind of like the Lr V M4.

This was what I had originally heard and was totally on board with it, but what we got feels like a place holder for something different.
My current suggestions for the FRF1 are still "silly" compared to the rest of the primaries, but I lean toward the direction of "if it's new make it unique!; slightly weak is better than strong!"
I like a bolt-action that makes kevlar wearers have to bandage, even if it's weak in other ways.
The worst that could happen with a weak weapon is that it isn't used. Like it isn't now.
A reskinned SR8 a la the LRM4300 would at this point will also feel like a place holder, though one that would get used.
(Even if it just had it's unzoom taken away, with it's low damage it wouldn't feel like such a chore mining headshots)

(Off topic from the original thread, but still relevant)

The pistol changes all around are fantastic with 4.3; maybe increasing the Beretta damage might have gone a little far for my taste, but it's not game breaking.
The pistols were my biggest issue with 4.2 weapons, only the original 2 were worth a damn at the fire rates needed to compete.

If the magnum kept it's full recoil, limited it's fire rate as it is but dropped all spread it could be a touch more serious.
There's no way at this low fire rate it will be a serious contender against the DE, but if it was 100% accurate at every shot it would also be more unique.
It's wicked fun and a major challenge as it is (compared to all other pistols), it would just feel a bit less frustrating if it had PSG accuracy.
...I'd also like it if I could reload 1 bullet at a time.

#30 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:34 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 25 January 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

Well

The gitbot says Barbie has pushed the tweaks to the FR-F1 to git soooo "done" :D

Jules from Pulp Fiction once said something to the effect of:

"Appreeeeeeeeciate it good chap, that's all you had to say!"

Just before Marsellus Wallace sent The Wolf, directly.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942