• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Year's Development Update

#31 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostZenity, on 24 January 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

It's not so simple, but one thing I plan to do is make it so that you can't wall run on slick surfaces. This will give map makers a very easy way to disable wall running where it would get in the way of old school jumps. Of course the areas where you can't wall run should be made very clear by the mapper, otherwise this would be very confusing.

Hmm... This could be odd since making a wall slick was how we stopped people from being able to wall jump as well. If wall running is going to be a thing (separate from wall jumping), I would hope that requires its own special physics material to enable so that the default is to not allow it. This way we can have walls which can be wall jumped but not wall run, and vice versa. Having the flexibility to be able to choose either of those options is key in my opinion. It allows for the mapper to force a player to do a parkour jump one specific way and stretch their abilities at a particular aspect of the game.

This post has been edited by KroniK: 25 January 2016 - 06:04 PM

#33 User is offline   SailorMo-n Icon

•   league admin   
  • Account: sailormon
  • Main tag: sC`

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:01 PM

That TP(similar) part was very interesting. I'm more excited now than before, so great job!

If I'm not repeating a question: will TP become a night-map?
Caco, ergo sum!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942