Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

New Server not in list Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   stu Icon

• Account: stu

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

Hi,

I have just purchased a new server from I3D.net and I am able to connect to it fine but I cannot get it to show up in the server list.

The server IP is 109.200.214.228

And here is how I have set up the server.cfg file:

Spoiler

Can anyone help me get this to show up on the list

This post has been edited by ObScUrE: 04 January 2016 - 07:09 AM
Reason for edit: added spoiler

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:21 AM

hm. besides there is a lot of things that still need to be set (e.g. setting up admin info might be really helpful, or setting a motd)
it should work just fine. sv_master SHOULD be set by the server executable, assuming you are running the one distributed with the game, if not you might want to set it manually.

you might want to check if you can reach the master server from your server.

note: you might want to paste such things like configs and logs into a spoiler, or preferably a code snippet block.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   stu Icon

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

View PostIye, on 03 January 2016 - 02:21 AM, said:

hm. besides there is a lot of things that still need to be set (e.g. setting up admin info might be really helpful, or setting a motd)
it should work just fine. sv_master SHOULD be set by the server executable, assuming you are running the one distributed with the game, if not you might want to set it manually.

you might want to check if you can reach the master server from your server.

note: you might want to paste such things like configs and logs into a spoiler, or preferably a code snippet block.

Ok, yes i changed it to a code snippet, thanks.

How can I check that the server can reach the master server? All they provide me with is basically an ftp login so that I can edit the files and upload new maps etc

Cheers

#4 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:19 AM

You need to launch the server with the following as a parameter:

+set dedicated 2

If you're not able to set the parameters at launch, you can try adding it to the config as:

set dedicated "2"

but I'm not sure if it will work. If it doesn't you'll need to put in a support ticket and see what they say.

#5 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

oh. right. that might actually be it, though i just tested and the dedicated server executable shipped with the current version appears to set dedicated 2 by default.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   stu Icon

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:05 PM

Yes I did check at the time by doing /rcon dedicated in console and it was set to 2.

I asked them if they could see if the server was able to connect to master.urbanterror.info and turns out it was, but it was apparently showing the following in console

broadcast: print "Server: auth_status changed to off <bad engine>\n"

I got them to do a fresh install for me and that fixed the problem, it is now showing in the server list and the auth is working.

Not sure what caused this, but they gave me a free week as compensation so I am pretty happy.

Thanks for your help guys

#7 User is offline   dima1911 Icon

• Account: dima1911

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:43 AM

View Poststu, on 03 January 2016 - 11:05 PM, said:

Yes I did check at the time by doing /rcon dedicated in console and it was set to 2.

I asked them if they could see if the server was able to connect to master.urbanterror.info and turns out it was, but it was apparently showing the following in console

broadcast: print "Server: auth_status changed to off <bad engine>\n"

I got them to do a fresh install for me and that fixed the problem, it is now showing in the server list and the auth is working.

Not sure what caused this, but they gave me a free week as compensation so I am pretty happy.

Thanks for your help guys

+1

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942