• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Converting ut4_swim (the bath)

#1 User is offline   stabberthomas Icon

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

But who made it? I managed to get it into Blender, so I can do a full 1:1 conversion.

Posted Image

Can anyone point me to the guy that made it?

#2 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

On this page it says NRGizeR made the map, but doesn't FS have full permissions over it?

#3 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

TBH Im honestly curious why you would want to convert ut_swim. That map is one of the worst in the default map list IMO. There is no clear sides for CTF, There are some really big open areas like in the pool, but there are also weird passage ways that lead basically nowhere etc. It might have been nice for its time but is by no means a paragon of level design. It's the great maps like uptown, casa, turnpike, and tohunga that would be nice to covert.

Overall though, I think we need to be looking to make new designs and not copy old ones. Its nice that FS is officially re-making some old maps, but I think the community should focus on producing some really high quality new maps.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   stabberthomas Icon

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

Well, what map would you like me to convert instead? I really would've liked to do Uptown, but I see it's already being done. Same for Turnpike. What about Abbey?

#8 User is offline   stabberthomas Icon

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:04 PM

Never felt much for Mandolin :/

#9 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:23 PM

View PostZenity, on 18 January 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

By all objective standards it really isn't a great map, but it's also one of the very first so I guess it holds a lot of nostalgic value. :) Not many maps survived from the first generation. Though my favourite classic map is probably Docks, and I hope it will live on as well (classic as in first generation, so I'm not counting Casa, Abbey, etc).

I also get nostalgic thinking about Streets or the original Village (remember the catapult?). Such bad maps, but good memories. :)

I'd also love to see more maps dare to use a lot of verticality again. You don't see this a lot in more recent maps aside from Uptown, which is a shame. Verticality suits our gameplay really well IMO. We should make it easier to fall from great heights without dying, to invite this kind of level design.

Really like docks but It is never on any map rotations, flag positions are way too far apart, turning CTF into TDM.

Agree more vertical maps. Would be really nice to see Ghosttown ported. It is an amazing map a true work of art.
Does anybody know if Nounou plans a version for HD?

Ramelle is also a classic and is very vertical.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942