• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Movement Update

#2 User is offline   e-junkie Icon

• Account: ejunkie

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:26 PM

i can say from experience that unlimited stamina can be very fun.

#3 User is offline   baex Icon

• Account: baex

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

looks awesome! Hopefully qw movement will make it into the game. Wallruning looks fun too! allthough i can hear the whole 12 year old mlg gamers scream that you guys ripped it from titanfall. lel

Is there going to be an closed alpha soon? Im srsly waiting for this since i first heard of hd.

Keep going with the good work! And its good to see you guys are trying something else, to make it more fresh.

i love you.

View PostNounou, on 01 December 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hey I love you baex, but also, consider that i'm drunk

#4 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:00 PM

Looks very promosing, i especialy like the vaulting.

Some things i noted while watching:

The wall jumping is nice but i fear it may be a little too effective (?). Maybe make the stamina cost of doing so very high to begin with.

Also i am not sure about the Quake-style bunnyhopping, the UrT one is fine to me. Circle jumping is alot more fun i think. Dont fix what is not broken in my opinion!

That said it is very hard to judge the feel of the game just by looking at it. :P
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   crazytheory Icon

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 23 January 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:

Also i am not sure about the Quake-style bunnyhopping, the UrT one is fine to me. Circle jumping is alot more fun i think. Dont fix what is not broken in my opinion!

Yea, the bunnyhopping looked a bit awkward to me. I'd prefer the old one tbh.

#8 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:38 PM

View PostZenity, on 23 January 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

I should point out that the bunnyhopping only takes effect when you strafe sideways in midair without accelerating, so it does not interfere at all with standard circle jumping. It's an alternative and the idea would be to balance it so that it's useful in a few situations where you need more control, while otherwise you would still use the circle jumps. Choosing the correct movement in each situation and mastering both would add a bit to the skill ceiling.

Maybe but i am not sure i ever had the situation while playing: "Hm i really could use another method of accelertation to overcome this and that right now..."

Test builds would be nice :3

EDIT: I guess it could make shooting while doing so easier, than shooting while circle jumping. But i would think that pulling awsome stunts needs to be a risk and this would (maybe) reduce that?

This post has been edited by SilverFoxZ: 23 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#9 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

That's really cool! Both vaulting and wallrunning seem perfectly fitting additions to the current movement set.

I'm not completely sure on the bunnyhopping. I suppose the idea is, that bunnyhopping is going to be used in the few circumstances, where circlejumping isn't flexible enough? Where circlejumping gives you a lot of speed, you cannot massively change direction with it. So bunnyhopping would be less speed but tighter corners, possibly used to make yourself a more difficult target or jumping quickly around a corner?

Never the less I'm very intrigued seeing this.

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942