• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Movement Update

#91 User is offline   deltawhite Icon

• Account: deltawhite

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:31 AM

The Graphics should be discussed in another thread.

This is Gameplay.

What an interesting and cyclic dilema. Judging everything read so far i see 2 Sides taken, the Urt Purist and the open to new stuff poeple and its really hard to take sides

I saw that its more than knowing about quake and games in general, more than the love feeling to Urt and more than how this game was forged thru time.

Like the power sliding mentioned , a lot of games started to use it after it was Implemented on Urt, but all of them, ALL, are that automated scripted bullshit that doesnt use any physics variants.

Anything related to quake fits for Urt and must be tested for approval for the HD Era, espeacially the bunny jumping, its REALLY difficult for me to do it,same as Strafe Jumping in Quake, and the difficultness is very important since this game is already skilled type.

The Vault jump and wall jump arent quake related but parkour stuff is welcome to be tested aswell , but not that much as quake stuff. cuz this game , more than "Parkour + QUake" is a Mix of CS,Day of Defeat, Quake, and Action Quake, and parkour is not in any of them .

is UrT the Sweet Spot of FPS games? that means , it doesnt need anything, dont need more movement, more guns, more graphics, more gameplay cuz its a refined and skilled game?. OR, are we going to keep evolving to a better place, in wich new players will survive the Learning Curve this game already has and the new features will not make the game different? i feel the maps are already different, will that make this new features fit? Can the classic maps hold this new features? Classic will became Old and we will split? We gona have to choose between the low spec computer classic game and the heavier engine one with the new gameplay stuff and the clasic game mode for the purist or competition? Are we gonna hold against a rush of guys runing, power sliding, wall jumping wall running, and optionally bunnyjumping to our face?

CS went to CS:Source , same game better graphics(we are skipping this),and then they went to CS:GO wich is very different and now thats the new standart with 200.000 viewers per video stream same as league of Legends.

and sorry but yes, this is a kind of futuristic game like any other, just that this is the best one ever made, or to still be made.

We are not discussing about how to change Urt, but how to change gaming history....the unseen one

Good luck, my Heroes.

#92 User is offline   Zerox Icon

• Account: zerox

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:58 AM

No need to revive the corpses. Oldfags will not play new UrT because they have a job and family, but the kids will do it. Need to use modern features of the Unreal Engine and need to create the new game for new and young players.

Let the Urban Terror will die once and for all!

#93 User is offline   Zerox Icon

• Account: zerox

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

Need to update the composition of the team and need to find a sponsor for
project promotion.

#95 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

Kinda more back on topic of the original thread, is Zenity still around and working on the movement code? Haven't seen him posting recently and he hasn't been on IRC or Discord much lately.

I guess I'm hoping for a progress update since coding the movement and actual game mechanics is currently what seems to be holding you guys back from releasing a physics alpha for basic testing and for giving the mappers a bit of a base to use to start creating maps and other content.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#96 User is offline   Heartyjest Icon

• Account: heartyjest

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:20 PM

All I can say is that the new movements look really cool, and that I'd love to try out an Alpha of Resurgence. Hopefully soon, eh?

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942