• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A few Questions

Questions

#1 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:08 PM

Some questions after browsing some threads, please direct me to answers if these questions have been answered:
What are trusted servers supposed to be, and how would you determine those? Would communities be chosen and all servers hosted and managed by admins of that community be considered “trusted”?
Will there be something like a console to parse and the ability to give commands via an external interface. And something like b3, just better maybe with a custom in game menu for certain user groups on the server?
I understand there to be a matchmaking ability. A project I abandoned as there are too few players but maybe you will want to implement this: It was supposed to be done via b3, but I hope you will give use an alternative interface. Players on a server with the plugin activated could call for a match. They would then choose a group/lobby while playing. If a match was found/successfully grouped, a server would be started with (as an example) 5v5 slots of the chosen game type and a pm with a password would go out to those players (and given a stats page/readout for their match, a temp. mumble channel+pw etc).
And we (as in dswp) started to work on a really awesome admin interface/s even if this all is and was paused in an early stage it would be sad to see this never being continued because we get less abilities than b3+fenix’s server build gives us now.

#4 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:35 PM

Sounds like an idea.
I'd have to ask at this point, how many players would need to be "behind" a representative to be considered an interest group worth listening to?

And for anybody being in more of a community than exclusive clan reading this. Why don't we sit down on a somewhat virtual round table talking about stuff we want to see in terms of "back end" and then we can approach FS with what we think is needed and a must have for "us". Just trying to get the conversation started.

This post has been edited by zietsh: 30 January 2016 - 10:36 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:35 AM

Maybe FS could make polls for the community to vote for?

Obviously you wont promise that it will always be like the vote that won.
FS instead base your decisions around that feedback.
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#8 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:39 AM

Sadly I have seen through my experience that with rather open projects, "Consensus" is hardly something that can be determined. You can have a consensus among certain groups and each group is going to want their own thing. I can very easily understand why in the days of 4.1 the devs were very tight lipped about progress and dev matters. The community as a whole can become very overbearing and demanding of a dev team if they leave major decisions up to the community. However, most agree that the community should have some say in the matter, even though they often do not understand the complexities and intricacies involved in what they offer as suggestions and solutions.

Overall I like the Idea of having a group of community members which as a group is not extremely difficult to join, but requires the members to clearly have at least some knowledge of the development process. I'm not sure how this could be accomplished, but having a smaller group that can effectively speak for the community as a whole would be a nice way to go. It would allow some focus and contain mostly informed opinions rather than having very thoughtful and informed opinions sitting right next to ones that have no investment in the community or have no idea of how their requests or demands will affect others etc.

I would like to see however, someone within FS start developing a fairly open and somewhat debatable roadmap for the development of HD. While FS is free to ignore any suggestions, I think a nice GitHub readme where people can discuss and submit pull requests to each different section of development.

This may be giving too much control over to the community, but FS would be free to just close any pull request they don't like. However this would allow the group to help flush out exactly what kind of game they want to play. The roadmap could include everything from game mode details, to the UrT specific CVARS. It would be up to FS to provide a basic outline of this document, but then FS and others can slowly fill it to include how each aspect of the game is to be completed.

Just an idea. Probably a bad one, but something of that ilk would be rather nice to be able to at least see as a community, if not participate in. (I guess I am rather fond of checklists).

#10 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

View PostZenity, on 31 January 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

You need to trust us to some extend, because if you can't trust us that we will make a good game, it's already a lost cause anyway. Design by committee never works.

F1 to that

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942