• You cannot reply to this topic

[URTHD] System Requirements

System requirements

#11 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:45 PM

Hi all,

Done some research and like to post what I have found so far that has anything to do with unreal 4 and system requirements.
The first thing is that the minimal requirered system that is needed for the editor is actually good enough to play titles releashed with unreal 4, some examples are rocket league, mortal kombat x and Unreal tournament.

What sets the editor apart from a game that is launched with unreal 4 are what has been done with the game, a great game has always more grafics options then the 4 basic ones in the editor; low medium high epic.
When you try to find a sweetspot with a minimal system the game looks ugly because you will need to scale down the texture.

Mortal kombat x is not a first person game more side scroll action but due to good grafics options you are able to play the game with a minimal setup and still achieve 60fps stable and the game does look pretty nice still.
Unreal engine 4 is known for what it can do and how good it looks and most people say it needs a beast machine to run decent but If you are trying to get to a sweet spot with mortal kombat you can get lost in the grafics options because there are so many settings you can have/ try.
Simply said I used geforce experience and used the optimized grafics settings, hope that Urt HD will also think about the grafics options for the game and not only have 4 grafics options because it will be almost impossible to get the game tuned.
More grafics options means more people will be able to play the game whit 60 fps and doesn't have to mean the high end of the scale will be let down.
It will be realistic to have a minimal system requirement as low as is needed for the editor and a recommended system requirement that is higher and perhaps able to play at highest settings and achieve 125 fps in stead of 60.

This post has been edited by killspree: 20 February 2016 - 05:47 PM

#13 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:58 PM

yay. configs!
i like those xD
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#14 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:37 AM

I too would love to have as much or more power through the configs than we currently do with 4.x

My config file is rather complex, and while I know I will have to rebuild it, I would love to keep a lot of my functionality in the new engine.

#15 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:44 AM

Do it like to see more flexibility!

If it can be done so that the lowest settings will not make the game look crap.

Example of a game that is poorly done for the low end is black ops 3 they give a recommended setting on geforce experience making the game look very bad but worse lots of crashes.
They would have knocked it out the park if it where able to play decent on minimal recommended and more stable.
Also cool loading screen would love to see something like that animated in Urban Terror HD.

[Very nice game not hating]

This post has been edited by killspree: 21 February 2016 - 03:53 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#17 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:58 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 21 February 2016 - 05:23 AM, said:

With each and every build Unreal 4's performance curve continues to improve so the final benchmark as to performance is difficult

Does that mean lower end systems continue to be able to run games on the engine?

#18 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:59 AM

View PostSolitary, on 21 February 2016 - 07:58 AM, said:

Does that mean lower end systems continue to be able to run games on the engine?

Define lower end systems ;)

I tried the editor on my 2010 mac book pro (core2duo 2.4GHz, nvidia 320m) its slow, but it does run about 24fps(1280x800).
Maybe I will try UT4 alpha on it.

So far AFAIK there are several renderers which can be used: directX 11(windows only); openGL 3; openGL 4.
also rumored; directX 12(windows 10 only); Vulkan.
Each of these perform differently.

From testing UT4 memory usage is light ~2GB
So depending on OS min RAM requirment could be as low as 4GB(linux), 8GB(win, mac).

So far only 64bit builds are available, not sure if editor can cook 32 bit builds.
I'm sure Frankie and company know the awnser to this. ;)

UPDATE: I just tried UT4 on MBP 2010... It is borked or otherwise unplayable 2fps

This post has been edited by bluewormx: 21 February 2016 - 03:31 PM

#19 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:16 PM

Minimal recommended for the editor by epic is quadcore @ 2,4 ghz & gtx 470 take into consideration notebook or laptop with only dualcore is below that, also desktop mostly perform better even if its the same hardware.

Think frankie means the editor is only going to keep improving it's performance and the high end benchmark is going to get higher and higher because of hardware improvements.
But also because the game is not finished yet it's hard to say what it will need for minimal or recommended system spec I'm leaning toward a 2nd gen i3/i5 core for minimal and 4th gen i5/i7 for recommended.
If that seems to high keep in mind that if the game becomes succesfull we hope to keep playing it for years to come it's not like Fifa or NFS where every year a new game comes out.

For really hardcore editing a high end system is best also for compiling the game but safe to say a recommended (not minimal) system recuirement for the end game that is something like i7 4970k 8gb ddr3 and r9290/gtx 780 is realistic but yeah if it takes more than a year before the game comes out it might get higher.
Right now much games come out with recommended hardware around 2nd generation i series cpu IDK when Urt HD comes out but I hope around 3rd or last quarter of 2016.

This post has been edited by killspree: 22 February 2016 - 04:08 AM

#20 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:31 AM

"Storm united" is on early access on steam.
Its a cross platform UE4 FPS. more polished at the moment than UT4.

Linux: Solid 120fps (1080p, max quality) 4790k, gtx980 :biggrin:

This post has been edited by bluewormx: 10 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942