• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Connecting to Fallin angels Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   marknl Icon

• Account: marknl

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:51 PM

Hi All

I have been playing urban terror for years now. Never had any problems untill a few weeks ago. Normaly i play at the fallin angels server. When i try to connect lately my screen turns to awaiting game and download. Then nothing happens. I don't have this problem on other servers i used to plat on like KRH.

Who can help me.

#2 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:29 PM

Hi, I also play there, I recall reading on their forum of people getting cought up in broad bans. I would advise you to contact the server admin.

#3 User is offline   marknl Icon

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:32 PM

I have done that and it seems that isn't the problem. looks like something else is blocking my game.

#4 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

marknl

You have posted in the mac section, I assume that is for a reason?
Could you give some more information: OSX version; urbanterror install method; Is it a clean install?(deleting /user/X/Library/Application Support/Quake3).
What you have tried? does it hang on "awating game" or on map downloading? Or both?
So you have access to another OS to try? bootcamp windows or something.

#5 User is offline   marknl Icon

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

I'm using a i-mac. Latest version complete updated. Downloaded new game. same problem. Screen stays on awaiting gamestate. On my sons laptop no problems(i guess he uses other IP adress). My mac is the only one in the family.

Thanks for helping me.

Mark.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:31 PM

I could never get the mac updater to work, I install from the .zip

I tried my 2010 mbp this morning patched up to OSX 10.11.3 and it connects to fallin angels just fine.

Have you tried removing the config files in Application Support/Quake3 and starting a fresh?

#7 User is offline   marknl Icon

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

I install from zip also. I can connect to all the FA servers exept 209.190.50.170:27960. This is th Capture the Flag server. I can connect to KRH or other servers without problems.This happend overnight so i have no idea why.

#8 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

Does your sons laptop have the same public ip as you?

#9 User is offline   marknl Icon

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:35 PM

i think so, using same wifi.

#10 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:06 AM

It's been too long since I've been involved in server admin, but I recall some types of ban would involve being told you're banned when trying to connect, and others would just leave you at 'awaiting gamestate'. DragonHeart told me she can't find anything on her side so this may not be the problem.

The other possibility I can think of is because your son is playing at the same time, and you have identical qkeys because the folder has been copied between devices. I'm not sure if there is a dedicated config folder for the user in OSX like there is in Linux, if so it could be persisting between re-installs. Trying to play when your son isn't playing will tell you if this is the problem.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942