Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Benchmark

#1 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:53 AM

Back in the day Epic released the Unreal Tournaments 2003 demo, several months before the game went gold.
On this demo where two benchmarks: flythrough and botmatch. Both taxed the system in diffrent ways. Botmatch was allegedly more CPU bound; flythrough more GPU bound.

Anyway the point being that most of the big tech sites started using this demo for their review benchmarks. (Toms Hardware, HardOCP etc....)
This gave the game tons of exposure.

Perhaps something like this could be done with UrT HD

At the moment none of the UE4 games have been adopted for benchmarking. since many are still in alpha stage.
A good example is Bioshock infinite UE3 engine. Is still bieng used for benchmarking by many sites.

Bare in mind that the future of gaming is going to be low level API like Vulkan and directX 12. Things which UE4 claims to have. (maybe ready in UE4 4.11)

I think it would be a great moment to try a fill that need for a next gen benchmark and get tons of exposure. :biggrin:

#3 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 11 March 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

There is a benchmark game...sort of.

Unreal Tournament 4 is to HD as Quake3 is to UrT 4.3.

Well sort of.

Quake 3 can run on a calculator, but UrT can only run on a printer or higher

IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#4 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 11 March 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

There is a benchmark game...sort of.

Unreal Tournament 4 is to HD as Quake3 is to UrT 4.3.

I suspect that the benchmarking tools have not been implemented in UE4 engine or UT4. By tools I mean demo record and timedemo (or whatever epic calls them) :wink:

I really think that epic is leaving it up to the each game studio to figure out.

Besides, nobody (tech sites), have started using any UE4 game to benchmark as of yet, despite the huge list of games currently in development.

This post has been edited by bluewormx: 11 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942