Urban Terror Forums: Server used to work, now it doesn't. Help? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

Server used to work, now it doesn't. Help? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Pseudo Icon

• Account: pseudo

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to the UrT community, and I've been running a server using the "start server" option on the main menu for my friends to play in. I forwarded port 27960 to my home router's IP on both protocols, and it seemed to work fine. However, recently my computer updated itself to Windows 10, and I had to do a fair amount of re-configuration on my router and wireless card in order to get my 5Ghz network to show back up. Now the server only shows up on the LOCAL section of the masterlist, and it has (UDP) after the title. The port is still open on the router's IP. Any ideas as to what I should do to fix this? I have the server set to Internet. Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:49 PM

i could imagine that it is "normal" for a server to show up on local if its hosted on the same machine. never really check though, as i neither use the ingame server option nor the ingame server browser.... :)

it could be that you are not sending heartbeats to the master correctly, or not answering to queries

also i would suggest using the dedicated server binary for hosting servers. (even for a short game with your friends)
there is a guide on how to in the support section of this website.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942