• You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_nuketown_a1 Rate Topic: -----

Stable Release!

#31 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: drunkrabbit
  • Main tag: |RFA|

Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:16 AM

Sorry to be late.. I'll up it to our server. I live in New Orleans and just got back power after the hurricane. I'm luckier then a lot of people here as my internet still works..

Edit: Added it to new rotation. It will play for the next 2 weeks.

https://risenfromash...fo/mapcycle.php

This post has been edited by drunkrabbit: 01 November 2020 - 08:02 AM

#32 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:20 PM

Sorry to hear about the storm, hope everyone stays safe!

About the map, IMO it is a big change in how people play the map compared to previous versions when it comes to spawn kills.
Obviously, I am biased towards the map since I created it, but it is no excuse for not trying to improve the map.

So far the map is not yet fully as intended, there should be more routes to take, at least another route out of the spawn.
When you walk out of spawn you can actually wall jump the right side of the map and get across the map fast, but people seem to favor the middle and left side.

There should be more ways to cross the map from spawn I think, and some more routes on the right side after you spawn and turned around.
Also, the are just too many ladders, maybe add some stairs and other ways to get high ground.
Other than those things it was fun to play the map.

#33 User is offline   Batman333 Icon

• Account: batman333

Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:24 AM

I enjoyed playing the map, but I'm not going to lie, I spent most of my time on the left side of the map spawn killing with sr8 :P
Also the new barrier at spawn is an interesting addition, but I think it could be lowered just a tad to allow for easier jumps up onto and over it.
Still a fun map by all means!

#34 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 07 November 2020 - 03:48 AM

Thanks for giving the feedback, I am working on a major update on the map.
Try clipping the corner from spawn and wall jump once, then you should be able to jump on the lower section of the spawn wall, after that you can slide for a sec to get a boost and easily jump on the next spawn wall. From there you can jump on the middle left side. (try to be creative there) To get on the higher section you need to have at least two pre jumps from spawn and clip the corner for extra speed, this is not supposed to be easy but it is possible.
There are currently a few easy spawn camp spots that are frankly not well thought out, especially on the left side of the map.
The left side will get a few spots blocked from spawn killing from across the map, I am still working on creating some way of blocking that, at least partially.

New routes are being worked on and so far I have added a "garage" under the flag so you can escape when you have the flag, it is kinda like uptown, but I am working on giving it my own spin.
There is a new way out of spawn that leads to new doors that also give access to the middle building.
On the list for new routes is a new major route on the right side of the map, this is supposed to become a tunnel system and a way to counter spawn campers on the left side of the map, and also entice them to attack towards the flag instead of camping.

The map is going to have some models I created myself, and I am planning something extra nice in the garage...
Here are some teaser screenshots of the work that has been done since the last update.

https://imgur.com/a/X511XEP

This post has been edited by killspree: 07 November 2020 - 03:50 AM

#35 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:37 AM

Hi Folks,

Nuketown_v3 is here!

Here are some screenshots in radbump!

https://imgur.com/a/Cfha18F
Download link: https://gofile.io/d/Qivfok

Changelog:

Updated the area around the flag, added a garage under it with new routes to explore.
Added a new route out of spawn with a proper spawn door.
Added a new route on the right side of the map. (narrow hallway)
Added trigger_hurt on multiple locations. (some are ctf only)
Compiled the map for radbump. I recommend lanching the game using radbump because it is far more optimized resulting in better fps on low-end systems and it looks a lot nicer. (playing online is not possible as far as I know with the radbump launcher)
Added area portals to make camping more obvious because the doors will stay open when you are inside the area portal.
Added a new route that is more intended for defense.
Added secret routes to explore, and added a bunch of easter eggs.
Optimized the map as much as possible.

I hope this version is liked and played often, I spend a lot of time making it this far, but it is still not finished.
The map will change over time as it has in the past, some areas are not worked on yet and need to be filled in further.

See you on the battlefield, and for darn sakes, DO NOT LAUNCH THE MISSILES!

This post has been edited by killspree: 29 November 2020 - 06:36 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942