• You cannot reply to this topic

Is this going anywhere?

#21 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

View PostKEPA, on 07 July 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

But you've thought about starting a crowdfunding campaign ?

There already is a donate button. One could add a meter to that that shows recent donations.

I guess there are some (legal) problems with crowdfunding. And that is that you actually develop a product then, which may affect the ToS in place with other companies (unreal engine may not be free anymore in that case, just a wild guess though)

Also the question is, if its actually money that the team lacks.
Or if its time, and if its time, the only way around that would actually be paying someone. then the next question is, do you want an "outsider" to join the team and work on it? what if he just doesnt fit in,......
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#22 User is offline   KEPA Icon

• Account: kepa

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:37 PM

Well, I haven't checked about games made with Unreal Engine and sustained by crowdfunding platforms...but so many big business started on crowdfunding platforms...so there can't be a problem with a video game.
Also, publishing the project, it can be boosted by FPS addicted players and gain popularity faster.

There's no big secrets in a video game, just a lot of work to do...so there's no reason to exclude some paid freelancers.

Also with the remaining money, they can pay some extra advertising services.

This post has been edited by KEPA: 08 July 2016 - 07:55 AM

#24 User is offline   Me1 Icon

• Account: me1

Posted 28 May 2022 - 10:12 AM

First, I'd like to say that Urban Terror always has been a fantastic free game

Secondly, there are enough core players in this game to possibly draw many more if this game is to be released on Steam

I for one, would love to see many more new players to Urban Terror

I strongly believe that this game would be a huge success on Steam

Lastly, I hate to sound pushy; but on behalf of the URT community; is there a target date set for this to be released on Steam?

I'm sure some of our fellow URT players have passed on waiting for this game to be released on Steam

Well, let's hope not anyway

As for me,, I'm 50 years old and have blood clots and all sorts of health problems and I might not make it for the release😢

Anyway, I have a buzz and I probably won't remember that I typed this so I apologize to anyone that mind find this offensive

It is indeed not my intension

You all have a blessed one😎✌

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Me1 Icon

• Account: me1

Posted 30 May 2022 - 07:20 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 28 May 2022 - 06:13 PM, said:

We're already using Steam for our alpha testing by our QA team. The game is progressing remarkably well. Johnny English is a mapping machine and has done an amazing job along with the modellers so there will be both frag and jump maps upon release. The programmers are hard at work making sure it feels like Urban Terror. Quite a bit is shown on our Discord in the urt5-mapping topic so you might want to join our Discord server and check it out.

Wow! Lots of positive energy coming from your reply

I'm definitely feeling the excitement and really looking forward to URT going on Steam🙌😎✌

#27 User is offline   raMPage Icon

• Account: rampage
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 06 June 2022 - 04:34 AM

i misss ittttt

#28 User is offline   khrmacha Icon

• Account: khrmacha

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:14 PM

I like to drop in every now and then and mention that there are still people that can't wait for the new release. Cheers to devs!

#30 User is offline   Eft Icon

• Account: eft

Posted 06 June 2023 - 06:09 PM

Just wanna throw my hat in the ring and say that I'm hopeful for the new release as well! Haven't been playing as long as most (i started around 2010 or so) but urt will always hold a special place in my heart. No other movement shooters have scratched the same itch for me!

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942