• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.3 - Gibbing it ! Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

Really nice that it's going to be on all gametypes!

Can you imagine 2 guy's checking a corner with 1 that is visible to the enemy and the 2nd isn't, the 1st will give heads up on ts3 and the 2nd just blind shoots him via a corner.

This will be insta fun but I suspect there will be map spots where players will know where the respawn happens and they will "insta pre shoot" possibly killing more than 1 enemy with a shot.(if that's still possible)

About the Bomb mode imo the bug can be fixed by simply not making the bomb spot marker visible trough smoke and adding slide defuse will make it more fair and unpredictable but again I suspect the bomb marker is coded in radiant and not only in urt.

#12 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

View PostBiddle, on 03 August 2016 - 11:38 PM, said:

Since the start it's a setting for every gametype. The series of 4.3 news are just revealing step by step the major features brought to this update. The contents have mostly already been seen, like for InstaGib.

Ah yes, you are right, I forgot it was in the Changelog published with RC2:

View PostBarbatos, on 13 September 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

4.3.0 Changelog
• New gametype: Gun Game (g_gametype 11)
• New game mode: Instagib (affects all gametypes with the cvar g_instagib 1|0 (1=on, 0=off))

By the way, if there is a distinction between gametype and game mode, maybe the manual should use the same coherent nomenclature. In the manual, gametypes are called game modes, and instagib is called alternative mode.
Also, maybe the friendly-fire or team-damage mode could be included in the manual as a game mode, available in all gametypes (although it only make sense in team gametypes).

4.3 rings with bullet penetration!

Yes, I tried in RCs (and it works) to gib two enemies in line with one bullet. But I am curious about if it would work also after one ricochet or even mixing (first a gib, then a ricochet, and last another gib with the same bullet), I have not been able to try those cases in the RC testing server for instagib (the bots are voted out and they are not restored in a cyclemap).

In any case, it is amazing the great advances in 4.3. Please, FS go on! and don't listen to the trolls...

#13 User is offline   LammeSnail Icon

• Account: lammesnail
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

GG FS, keep up the good work ;)
I loved the instagib in UT, so it is going to fun here too.

#15 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:54 AM

View Postdynomite33, on 03 August 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

Bomb is broke as hell. Can't stop planting the bomb once you start, bombsites are in terrible places, etc.

Did bombsites change through 4.2? They've always remained the same afaik (and no one ever complained).

I do agree that BOMB deserves many improvements especially being able to fake plant and being able to plant the bomb somewhere else in the plant area, rather than right in the center of the spot. But, I think BrTk is talking about the following game breaking bug that just prevents the use of smokes to proceed a ninja defuse: https://github.com/F...ror4/issues/145

People already fake planting (by just holding the bomb on the bombsite basically). How else should we do it? That's also kind of the idea of what the bombsite is. Slide on the bombsite, plant from another spot but if the bomb is somewhere else than on the bombsite it's going to make the power dynamics of the game significantly harder for blue team imo.

One thing I'd like to suggest is to display the bomb's location on the minimap for blue team once it's been dropped on the ground and not possessed by a red player. That'd be really helpful on public servers when you're not using teamspeak.
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:10 PM

View Postkarnute, on 04 August 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

By the way, if there is a distinction between gametype and game mode, maybe the manual should use the same coherent nomenclature. In the manual, gametypes are called game modes, and instagib is called alternative mode.

We don't make a difference between the words gamemode or gametype. The official one if we'd have to define one should be gametype, as that is how they are called in the game's code but gametype and gamemode are two synonyms. Activating InstaGib just activates, let's say, a "sub-gametype" to the different gametypes there are.

For the fun fact, we call them once gamemodes in the player manual and a second time gametypes in the server admin one :)

View PostBrainie, on 05 August 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

Did bombsites change through 4.2? They've always remained the same afaik (and no one ever complained).

Bomb sites are map entities and their location are defined by the mapper, It's up to them to situate it where they feel best.

View PostBrainie, on 05 August 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

People already fake planting (by just holding the bomb on the bombsite basically). How else should we do it? That's also kind of the idea of what the bombsite is. Slide on the bombsite, plant from another spot but if the bomb is somewhere else than on the bombsite it's going to make the power dynamics of the game significantly harder for blue team imo.

When you plant a bomb in Urban Terror there is a sound triggered but, if I remember correctly it is only played client side. Therefore, only the player planting the bomb hears it. What could be interesting for bomb plants would be to have the sound played server side for the players around to hear it too, and have them know that he is trying to plant the bomb. Then with the ability of canceling the plant, it can become a tactical factor.

When planting the bomb, it always ends up on that exact same spot regardless of where you slide to when planting it down. Leaving the bomb on the spot where the plant actually happenned could be interesting imo. Indeed, it could make it harder (or easier) for the blue team to defuse the bomb. The blue team would still hear the bomb planted and locate it with eas, but that's up to the Red Dragons to make the right plant in maybe an open or closed area according to their tactic. The fun and exciting factor of trying to make a nice slide to get the bomb planted a little more to the left or right, further away from the bomb's spot center area would bring an extra dynamic and appealing feature to the mode.

#17 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

On the sound/fakeplant/whatever topic:

If you add a sound played to all players in the area, please also consider a way to abort the bomb plant. Right now, faking a bomb plant is basically only viable via sound, and that is the weapon switch sound. Basically you switch your weapon, lets say to your pistol, and wait if some1 comes in. If not, switch for the bomb and plant it. Maybe you get rekt in that time. but hey. worth a try. :)

Faking "visually" by standing on a site, is pretty stupid in most situtations. Because if you get shot at, as a static target, with a bomb in hands, or without doesnt really matter. If the enemy visually checks the site, he will shoot at you regardless, therefor such a fake doesnt really get you anything but killed.

Dynamic plant locations, like they have it in CS, where the bomb can be placed in a certain area, but will remain where you planted it, can be really interesting. I personally vote for adding such, if it works well with slideplants, as in the bomb snaps to the spot where you "clicked".
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#19 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:37 AM

How about introducing a new team based objective game type.

For instance instead of just capping the flag or planting the bomb something with more steps like first bomb a obstruction so you can make your way to a new part of the map meanwhile the other team try to stop you from getting there.

In the next part of the map there is a key that has to be taken to a locked up last objective like vaccines for the zombie virus that both teams fight to bring back to the teams spawn.

Perhaps it is a nice idea to have an objective based game type that is a little more complex personally I think this game suits it.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942