#2 User is offline   InTensiTy Icon

• Account: intensity

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:06 AM

Nice. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to play the Urt HD. :biggrin:

#3 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:37 AM

It looks really good, and you certainly are going to be able to solve the few problems you highlighted. : )

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#5 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

View Postchump, on 08 September 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Hi Mum!!!! I'm famous!

lol.

This is not looking to bad for a dead game!

Now one or two thoughts on the hud. call it hyper-criticism, or suggestions, whatever you like. Basically its a quick summary of every single bit i noticed.
Im also going to leave out everything i would want from the UI for now.

• Im not sure if i like this LCD style'ish font for the texts. Personally (i dont really like this style, but hey), and im afraid it may sometimes be hard to read, which is my major concern. This surely is a bigger issue for the feed and chat than for the weapon info.
  • I dont like all those underscores in the weapon info. Its pretty irritating imo.
  • The info on the current firing mode is nice, but i would change it slightly: change the dots to bullet icons, and for auto stack them up (-_-_-_). Possibly even color?
  • The grenade icon colors are pretty close to each other.
  • Im not sure if i like the fact that i can now see the health of my teammates (and enemies, unconclusive here) on the scoreboard/teamoverview. I guess its a good thing, but yet it reduces team interaction - even though encouraging meding on own incentive at the same time.
  • I'm used to the timers/flag status being top right instead of bottom left :P

And well i guess the major point for me would be a cvar system, and as much customization as i can get. You may know i like my cvars and scripts :P

So thats my 2+ cents for now.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   rastablaster Icon

• Account: rastablaster

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:50 PM

I really want to play this.

#7 User is offline   Gost0r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Programmer
  • Account: gost0r
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Regarding the underscores in the weapon info: that's related to using the instance name instead of the real weapon name. Of course that will not survive until the final release, but as said, this is all wip and possibly subjects of change :P

#8 User is offline   ringel Icon

• Account: ringel
  • Main tag: =SC=

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:39 PM

Since the HUD is a very crucial part of a game, because it doesn't only influence the feel and look but the gameplay as well, I will give a in depth reply to all the features presented and discussed and to everything I see in the design concept by Nounou.
Pls be aware, that this is my personal opinion and I don't want to criticize anyone, but if I am able to spread some ideas - I am more than happy.

The very first impression is very good! When I look at the screenshots I can tell that it is UrT and it looks nice and modern. But in my eyes, the weaponinfo and cap-timer boxes don't fit into the design. Everything else has one color backgrounds and is rectangular but those boxes are parallelograms and have an inverse inner shadow. Furthermore, all other items are very clean and don't have many things that aren't necessary but the boxes have additional stripes which add nothing to the gameplay and information and are solely for design reasons. Feels like two different design concepts to me.

Now lets talk about the features in detail:
Minimap: I like the black and white theme, but I don't like that it is captured within a little circle. I think urt is such a fast game where you can get from one side of the map to the other in such a short amount of time, that it is very important to know where exactly every player of your team is or died and not only the direction if he / she is to far away. Additionally I don't like the "dots" which mark where your teammates are because you don't have the information which direction they are facing. This can be very important for good teamplay - which is what I want to see in Urt HD.

WeaponInfo: As stated earlier I don't think the design fits to the other components. The information presented seam fair. I don't think the automatic / semi / burst presentation is self explanatory, but since it is not final, I am fine with it. I don't understand how the grenade info works - If I hold a grenade, which weapon will be "selected" and how do I know, which grenade I am using. The icons of the grenades are very similar to each other, but I guess this will change until release to something more self explaining.

Health / Stamina bar: I don't like image of the man, since it is very pixilated and has a odd border. Everything else is exactly as before so it is nice. I like the idea of displaying the current speed within this component!

Timers: I don't think it is wise to separate the timers like you did. Take for example bomb mode: If I want to know how long the current round will last and how much time of the match is left, I have to look in the top right corner and than in the lower left. That is not very intuitive.

Team Info: I like what you did there - as a spectator. I definitely don't like it as a player! The knowledge of the current health of every player on the map changes the game drastically. When a player receives medic, everyone will know. Furthermore it takes away a essential part of in game communication. As a spectator, I like the additional information.
I don't like the K/D/A presentation as 11/1/111 is very hard to read. Why not just make it three different columns?
I don't know if it is planed, but I would love to see the clantag and the playername separated. Maybe give clans the possibility to upload clan logos which will be displayed in the small (not expaned) team overview. Otherwise the small team overview could look like: [TeamGG...,[TeamGG...,[TeamGG...,[TeamGG... because the clantag itself takes all the room.
I don't understand why you want to display the ping with a colored box, but I don't really care :)
Some further questions: How will freeze be displayed? How will ffa and other ffa gametypes be displayed? How will it look like with more players on a server (so that the room isn't enough)? Do you think it is wise, to split the team and opponent information onto two different sides of the screen - I think this will be really annoying if you are playing and want to know how many allies and how many opponents are alive with a quick look.
So I think: first impression: very good looking, and I can imaging that the feeling of the score opening animation is very nice - but it seams that this design decision really hurts the gameplay - which is not a decision for a simple, fast and clean shooter like urt.

Feed & Chat: Tbh I dont understand what you did there at all. I dont understand what the colored dots in front of the feed mean, I dont understand why the hitregion is green and the percentage is cyan, I dont understand why there are colored dots in front of the playernames in chat, and I dont understand why there is no weapon info in the feed. Seams like these are the least polished components - I am very interested in future improvements :)

Font: I think it is very nice from a designers point of view. It fits to the setting and adds a technical look. BUT the readability and the foreign language support (å,ä,à,... and languages using other letters are not supported) is very very bad! This is a clear step backwards from the perspective of usability and international communication. I hope you will use a better font in the final release.

This post has been edited by ringel: 09 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942