• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RC] UrT 4.3 Release Candidate 5

#12 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

I love the windowed borderless option added! I'm gonna play around with it for some time, let's see if I can find anything :)

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 19 September 2016 - 09:38 AM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#13 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:06 PM

vive la duck

Posted Image

This post has been edited by dynomite33: 19 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#14 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

View Postdynomite33, on 19 September 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

I see someone has been paying attention to details ;)
Now, I'm sure you know the easter-egg's reference ?

#15 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

View PostBiddle, on 19 September 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

I see someone has been paying attention to details ;)
Now, I'm sure you know the easter-egg's reference ?

Does it have something to do with the duck on ut_swim? I don't know the significance of the flag being Dutch
IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:14 AM

It's refering to someone in the dev team, and its location on the map (a moored barge) isn't a coincidence.

#17 User is offline   thirsty Icon

• Account: thirsty
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:58 AM

Perhaps it's too late in the release cycle to be requesting this, but if this is going to be the "last" version, I'm going to try anyway. I didn't see any mention of these things in the changes history for 4.3. The stats pages have been in need of some love for years:

Request 1: when you scroll down a page at a time, it skips a line, so you often miss a player (sometimes yourself); the weapon list does the same thing, so, for example, if you page down to see the next set of weapons, forgetting where lr300 is in the list, you then have to single line up to see the lr300 stats

Request 2: default to your own stats or maybe the awards being the first thing shown, rather than simply the person occupying the first connection slot on the server, which is almost never the stats you're most interested in

Request 3: sort the player list in anything more useful to humans than the connection order, like, say, alphabetically, perhaps with your own stats at the top of the list

Request 4: display the kill/death ratio as a floating point number instead of a hard-to-compare reduced x:y ratio

Request 5: is the terminator award supposed to be based on who has the most kills? It's often wrong. Someone else may have more kills than the person given the award. It's also often wrong if you're going by best kill/death ratio

Request 6: how about a medic stat, like amount of health given to teammates, maybe an award for it, too? I expect this would be the hardest one to implement on short notice, but it would be nice

Request 7: ability to see last round's stats during the countdown time of a new round, at least. I often wish I had more time to look at the stats before the next map starts loading. Maybe this could be done by saving them in an array that survives map loads on the server, then switching back to the "main" stats array(s) once the cool down timer is done, or if a server has the countdown timer real short, perhaps some other mechanism could make last round's stats accessible longer?

This post has been edited by thirsty: 20 September 2016 - 01:09 AM

#18 User is offline   Makeurtgreatagain Icon

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:50 AM

how are we suppost to get any testing done with all the servers set to instagib(yuck) and nobody on them
you folks need to work on your beta-test organisation skills this is exactly how we end up with broken releases

#20 User is offline   Chameleon.hider Icon

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

Added the ability to use custom crosshairs

Don't you just have to love the devs? :)
War is hell, that's why "fun over realism".
CoD/Bf/MoH is "let's fake realism and pretend it's fun".

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942