• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Set Weapon/Gear Amount Rate Topic: -----

serverside

#1 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:18 PM

So at the moment the server admin can either allow certain weapon/gear or not. This usualy affects things like smoke nades and HK69, but sometimes also other things.

I think it would be a good addition if the admin was also able to set how many players can use a certain item/weapon on a server.

Why?

1. It prevents spamming. For example, i do love the HK69, but when on a full server half the players are using that it can get pretty annoying.

2. You dont have to ban a weapon completely anymore. Instead of banning smoke nades and HK69s you can set it so only 10% of the players on either team could use it.

3. It gives certain limited weapons/items strategic value. For example if youre the only one on the team who can use a sniper/HK69/smoke etc.. you become a priority target to kill/defend. So hurray for more tactics.

discuss!

This post has been edited by SilverFoxZ: 06 October 2016 - 06:42 PM

I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:53 PM

I actually think there was a b3 plugin/whatever that did this some time ago. (dont ask me when and where though).

I guess it could be a nice thing to have, but at the same time, im unsure of how usefull it would actually be.
Granted as soon as you start limited valuable gear, it generates tactics, but im unsure how much it would still fit into UrT's theme of everything being available to everyone (except for the stuff disabled, which most of the time is just HK, smokes, or possibly a spas and nade server).

Additionally, im not sure in the direct use of this. Basically if we arent talking about limiting "standard" gear (sr8,lr,kevlar) it comes down to HK and smokes. And a server either is "disciplined" enough to allow them, but still no1 will use it, or it will be disabled "just in case" (as an example see nexunity bomb 1 "fun" and bomb 2 "challenge")

You also need to take into account how much this would actually work on a public server. (What if a random noob just spawns with the 1 per team sr8?)

And well, in the end im afraid it may be too much codework require for the gain.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:21 PM

Well im not a coder so i dont know how much work this would be. Does not sound too complicated to me tho. Maybe someone who knows this stuff can say something about this?

Its just nice to have options, asspecialy if you're a server owner.

This post has been edited by SilverFoxZ: 06 October 2016 - 09:21 PM

I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942