• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urt & steam Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Zmb Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: zmb
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:42 AM

Hi, I know this question has prolly be answered already but what is the reason of not putting Urt on Steam already ?

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but in the worst case : It'll bring players, even only public ones and make the game just a lil bit more "popular"
In the best case : It could really bring a potentially strong playerbase already up for Resurgence, make leagues active again, etc.

And I honestly don't think that the 90,00€ fees would be a problem, I mean, donations could easily get 90€ if FS doesn't have it / doesn't want to invest it

This post has been edited by Zmb: 29 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

#2 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

Urban Terror Resurgence is going to be on Steam, as far as I've read on the forums. For the reason of the current 4.X version of UrT there was something, but I can't remember. I personally would rather wait for UrT HD, since you only really have one go at getting onto steam, and the first-impression really matters.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 30 November 2016 - 11:16 AM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:45 PM

for now it seems that HD will be on steam only, since its just way easier for the devs. using the API you just save all the friends/search/server browser/lobby/update systems to be made. check this

4.X (or in general any idtech3 version) will NEVER be on steam, for legal reasons. i cant find the post about that right now, so i cant detail this any further, maybe it was just said on a stream.

This post has been edited by Iye: 29 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is offline   Zmb Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: zmb

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:04 PM

Yeap kinda forgot about "legal reasons", thanks anyway ! :)

#5 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:36 AM

View PostIye, on 29 November 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

legal reasons

FrozenSand does not own all the contents in the Urban Terror 4 version (or previous ones). Many of them have been added over the years by various contributors that, paradoxically, did not always think about writing down a legal authorization for FS to include their works in the game.

By not explicitly owning all of its contents and certainly having others unlicensed, it is unsure whether we are eligible or not to distribute Urban Terror 4 on Steam.
I guess only Valve could really answer the question though.

With Resurgence, as we are completly rebuilding the game, we have everything under control and are very pointy when it comes to our content's licensing. It is indeed our plan to get that version onto Steam as soon as it is ready!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942