• You cannot reply to this topic

Weapon menu Rate Topic: -----

Lets update it further!

#1 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

Hi. I dont like the new weapon selection menu. its too crowded and i cant remember any position of the guns (fun fact: i actually never learned the hotkeys)
That "current" weapon thingy is totally useless, why would i care what i got equipped now.

I also wanted to have a overview of the weapon damagevalues in live 4.3, but that was.... difficult :)

So i went ahead and combined both.

this is what i got:
Posted Image

a few notes:
  • its actually all generated by c(++'ish) code.
  • i have only looked at it in a 640x480 window so far, so ive NO idea how bad it looks on larger res :P
  • ik the player outline sucks, but i figured the assets only contained 40x40 pixel versions of the different hitzones.
  • im considering coloring the hitzones (maybe, if i get larger res versions of them and feel like creating those 3*6 shader scripts)

download from mediafire: zzzDmgPack.pk3(82kB)

//edit iye:
fixed BB markup for the download link

This post has been edited by Iye: 10 October 2016 - 05:48 PM

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#2 User is offline   Blaze Icon

• Account: blaze
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

I like it, but please change so the order of weapon goes to the right side and not down.

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:14 PM

yeah, thats one thing i noticed as well, in pre 4.3 the order was left to right, instead of downwards.

I'll see how much work it would be, as my current code only takes parts of the old menu and adds the new dmg overview.

#4 User is offline   e4c9cdc1 Icon

• Account: e4c9cdc1

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostIye, on 10 October 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

Choose other silhouette. This one looks like a Goblin.
█▓▒░Fiction over reality.░▒▓█

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:30 PM

Well as i said, i would have preferred the one from the game assets, but figured it only was the body parts as approx. 20px^2 parts of a TGA, so i just picked the first silhouette i could fine that had well "spaced" arms (so the texts wouldn't overlap), that also was free to use. Well. i added a bit of coloring to it, but that only took a minute, compared to the scaling of the basic assets which would have needed anti-aliasing in the process.

And ye, i remember its my "fault" the menu looks like it does. I don't really think it looks bad, but:
a) it looks unfamiliar (form the pov of some1 who played with the previous iteration from 4.2- for years, and actually form the very beginning of me playing)
b) the order is downwards instead of ltr, which may not be a big thing, but on the 2nd though would be more natural imo.
c) the "current" info is actually somewhat useless, as it doesn't get you any form of comparison, unless you know stuff about "ammo"
and last and most important:
d) i wanted to implement a weapon selection menu in the main menu as well. (Possibly to allow players to "save" gear setups using $gear in some form). I considered doing this by moving the player (model) selection into the same menu as the team and weapon selection (e.g. add a tab), and them make the entire thing (except for team...) available int he main menu). While thinking about this, i figured that a damage information about the guns probably is the most interesting thing to display, so i went ahead.... :)

Well see how it works with the 4.3.2 rework once i get my hands on menu code (looking at Biddle... :) )

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942