Urban Terror Forums: Suggestion: Remove scope reset when hit over 20% on the FR-F1 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestion: Remove scope reset when hit over 20% on the FR-F1 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Vogg Icon

• Account: vogg
  • Main tag: #rekt.

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:18 PM

I have been playing this game for a really long time now and after stopping playing competitive I now play pubs from time to time. I have really been enjoying the 4.3 update. I have been spamming the FR-F1 sniper a lot lately. I love the way it feels. It has no movement penalty which allows you to do crazy things, but lets be honest we all know the FR-F1 sucks. It is really fun to play but isn't nearly as good as the sr8. A small little thing we could do to improve the FR-F1 would be removing the scope reset upon getting hit over 20%. I guess I am one of maybe 10 players who actually knows about this reset function, but it is really annoying and one of the reasons the sr8 is really hard to play on the very highest level (not sure if the highest level of urt still exists).
The Fr-F1 is super fun to play because of the amazing quickscopes you can pull of, but it is really weak in standard situations. By removing the scope reset upon getting hit over 20%, the gun would get an even better feel to it, you would be better able to challenge autos on medium range and would be better in standard situations.
This would not make the gun overpowered, because the damage is still shit. You still need 2 bullets to kill somebody in most cases.

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:21 PM

I personally would even like to see this removed from the sr8 as well... (i however am aware this may end up slightly OP) Its just the most annoying thing ever if you get "scopedropped" when hit just the moment you fired. I mean I'm able to "rescope" rather quickly if i get hit before firing, but its still pretty damn annoying. Probably the biggest point here is the amount of "randomness" to it.

Back to the FRF1: while it obviously needs a buff, i don't think this should be it, for multiple reasons:

• As you mentioned it still sucks damage wise after that.
  • It should not be considered a way of "buffing" the gun if you remove a penalty when you get hit. Honestly, how is this actually going to be a "feature" that makes the gun worthwhile? 'Hey if you get hit with this gun, you at least will still be able to aim'
  • Honestly, in most situations where this would apply, you will probably loose the fight anyways because of the low damage/2 shots required.

This post has been edited by Iye: 31 October 2016 - 07:22 PM

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Vogg Icon

• Account: vogg
  • Main tag: #rekt.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:44 PM

so let me get this straight. I'll go in on all your points.

- you don't want this buff because the weapon is too weak
- In your first sentence you say you would like scopeddropping being removed from the game entirely because of randomness. You agree that this would make the sr8 OP, but you dont think this is a good buff for the FR-F1.
I agree with you, this feature would not make the gun worthwhile, but it would make it stronger. Not a lot stronger, but it does make it stronger.
- You probably still loose the fight, but it will give you a better chance and isn't that the entire point of it?

If we only balance by changing damage, firerate, accuracy and reload time all the guns would be really similar and there would always clearly be 1 gun which is better than the others (atm the LR300/M4). We need diversity in the guns. We need things that make them unique. This way the LR300 will not always be the best option.

#4 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

I probably didnt make my point clear enough.
TL;DR:
i basically think it needs more than that. So much more i would just go for a total other route in the first place.

Now more into the detail:
As i stated, it wont be on par with the sr8, or the psg1 if you just remove the scope reset.
Of course a buff is a buff. But a buff isnt always a "good" buff. If the new gun still sucks, it may not be a good idea to buff it that way. It would still need another buff. More so, it would now have changed mechanics. Of course, in this case, this is not that big of a deal.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#5 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:29 PM

http://www.urbanterr...ing-fr-f1-spas/
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:39 AM

Yeah even removing it totally (the scope reset*) wouldn't break anything. I'm also wondering about the weapon switching delay which could be way shorter maybe ?

#7 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

Ye I agree with both, I think the weapon switch delay should be just slightly longer than dropping weapon so it will still be a advantage.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942