Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

show the gear Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Magister Icon

• Account: magister

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:10 AM

When a player dies, if they were wearing a helmet, the body on the ground shows no helmet. Seems like this might be an easy thing to fix.

When I look at the HUD, I want to know if I am wearing a kevlar or a medkit or nothing. Also seems like this might be an easy fix.

This post has been edited by Magister: 30 November 2016 - 08:10 AM

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

The later one is probably easy. assuming the ui QVM isn't that fucked up. at least quake live has such a feature for items.

for showing helmets after death, i wouldn't be that sure. Probably the model for the dead body doesnt have an option to attach a helmnet.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:27 PM

View PostMagister, on 30 November 2016 - 08:10 AM, said:

When I look at the HUD, I want to know if I am wearing a kevlar or a medkit or nothing. Also seems like this might be an easy fix.

Yes, I would like to see some info about my current gears in HUD (symbols or text).
And, also the current gamemode and the status of friendly-fire in the server shown in the HUD could be interesting (specially for public servers that change modes in the cyclemap).

#4 User is offline   Magister Icon

• Account: magister

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

I like a more simple HUD personally so I would be pretty picky about adding stuff that isn't really really important. Otherwise I just think you end up with a HUD that is crowded, possibly confusing, and maybe you can't see as quickly what you are looking for when you only have a split second to react. I think showing the kevlar, medkit, and helmet on the HUD seems reasonable but I guess I'd have to disagree with adding game mode and FF status. I feel like that should be available somewhere else in the interface (like maybe when you hit Tab?).

I have another idea that's a little more involved. It has to do with the helmet on the body after getting fragged. If you get fragged with a headshot, the helmet would fly off or maybe just drop next to your body (like the way it does with "ut_itemdrop helmet").

This post has been edited by Magister: 04 December 2016 - 03:44 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942