Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Documentary: Diamond in The Rough Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

• Account: vortex2

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:18 AM

How would you tell the story of Urban Terror?

I began writing an article today, but then when I realized I was approaching 3k words and still going strong that I was onto something greater. I'd considered writing a book and even starting a blog, but then I realized I was only being lazy because the tone with which I was writing is a familiar style intended to be translated into a media project. And so, without further adieu, after a few failed attempts at some ideas which would have ended up being disastrous, I guess I'm very pleased and excited to announce that I will be finally following through with my first media project as a broadcasting/film graduate.

I hope that I can help show people why I love this game, why so many players are faithful to it and perhaps answer the question: What makes Urban Terror worth playing? (In time for the release of Urban Terror: Resurgence). I also hope to also clarify some aspects of playing video games like why people become so faithful when they find the right game, whether games are ethical and how they can become a problem for people, the value in getting involved in the tradition of competitive gaming, comparisons with other games which are more popular, the journey of self-development, personal philosophy and the state of gaming today.

I am still in pre-production, but depending on how this comes along, I think it may develop into something promising.

If you'd like to help in any way, please PM me and we can talk about it.

Also, please consider this thread an office, the door is open. Feel free to post anything you like :)). I'd love to see demos, video edits, in-game footage, screenshots, past memories, information about your team and your experiences with the game, really anything you think will help.

This post has been edited by Vortex2: 01 February 2017 - 03:50 AM

#2 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:35 AM

Looking very forward to hear more from you soon!!

#3 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:04 AM

View PostBiddle, on 01 February 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

Looking very forward to hear more from you soon!!

#4 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

This project sounds really interesting. I'd love to see how it ends. :>

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:35 AM

I have a rough outline. Working on drafting a proper treatment asap.

This post has been edited by Vortex2: 05 February 2017 - 02:35 AM

#7 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:42 PM

Update!

Bad News:

No Treatment yet.

Good News:

LOTS of (too much) content, which must be further refined in order to be better understood before I would feel comfortable with presenting it.

More Good News:

Based on what I've figured out thus far, I think I can eventually provide an illuminating comprehensive overview of Urban Terror and FPS gaming while also offering insight in respect to topics of determination, self-improvement, the future of eSports, ethics of games and proper use of technology.

Bad News:

A visual presentation can be very powerful. I'm considering scrapping the project entirely in favour of simply allowing people to see things on their own terms appropriately and in due time by exploring the game and appreciating it by playing it and having their own experience where things naturally appeal to them as they go along based on what they feel drawn to (and what is available to/for them) at a given point in time.

Feeling like I was always playing catch-up + having members of the community to look up to was a really important part of learning to play (for me) and I'm thankful that people have always been around to answer my questions. I don't want to take away from the experience of developing independence by doing all the work for someone... I think this game is best experienced in a personal way and I'm willing to bet that there is no shortage of people like myself who would be glad to share with anyone who asks.

This post has been edited by Vortex2: 13 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942