#1 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

• Account: vortex2

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

Sharing is caring

This post has been edited by Vortex2: 08 February 2017 - 02:07 AM

#2 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

Actually there's way too much, I can't even... I would need to write a book and nobody would read it but me! :P

I guess each of us could write a book, really.

#3 User is offline   Rappio Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: rappio
  • Main tag: [PRKL]

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

write book ill buy a copy... waiting to see interesting stories.
What is the sound of silent scream when you still map with GTK Radiant 1.5

#4 User is offline   botbot Icon

• Account: botbot

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:11 AM

CS was my first go at an online shooter, playing at a mate's house and before we knew it the sun was up. When I finally got my own machine and internet connection I went looking for free stuff and urt was there. The Aussie community at the time was vibrant and I had a ton of fun.

I'll never forget the moment urt "got me", it was pub ctf Algiers, someone power slides around the corner and pops one into my head, grabs the flag, and disappears, all in one beautiful swift motion that lasted a second. I don't have the skills to be that and never will, but I can totally appreciate what this game can be in the right hands.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

Back in 2009 i met with 2 Friends and we had our laptops with us.
Sadly one only had Linux :P
So he introduced us to a crossplatform shooter,
which im still playing with the third friend that was with us^^

My first ingame memory is when i tried jumping the jail map and didnt know to circle jump^^ felt like the first jump was impossible

#7 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:42 AM

View PostYAY5637, on 07 February 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

My first ingame memory is when i tried jumping the jail map and didnt know to circle jump^^ felt like the first jump was impossible

:happy: I think we've all been there. "What is circlejumping?"

I can recall the first time I really checked in with UrT... the map was Elgin... I had just closed CS1.6 after playing awp map and getting really bored, suspecting hacks and losing interest quickly after following the same old rigid mental progression and returning to similar conclusions which caused me to question why so many people enjoyed CS... UrT was a desperate second choice... I wasn't expecting much when I joined a server, but I really started to feel it after a while. Gradually, I became more comfortable and slipped into a state of being in flow in the moment. I felt more free than ever before.

Initially, I had thought that UrT was rather ridiculous due to the only difference between sides being colour, but I think this was the day I first worked up the courage to try Team Survivor and Capture The Flag.

Also during the same play-session, I remember alt-tabbing during Team Survivor on Turnpike and taking a hard look at the option of competitive Urban Terror for the first time. I can recall thinking that it was so far beyond what I was capable of at the time (as I was only beginning to realize the depth of the game).

I could say the rest is history, but as time passed, the thought of playing CS eventually faded from my mind almost entirely and became a distant second-best... I imagine I underestimated it and failed to appreciate it (or even acknowledge it) much in the same way that people fail to see the appeal of Urban Terror.

This was 7 years ago, so I guess at 20 years old I had been converted to a faithful UrT player in version 4.1. and this faith only grew stronger from this day forward :cool: (so did my courage, because I remember being scared of playing TS lol I used to get so nervous, like when I played Doom for the first time).

Also I'm still afraid of jump maps :unsure:

This post has been edited by Vortex2: 08 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

#8 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:33 AM

View PostVortex2, on 08 February 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

I can recall the first time I really checked in with UrT... the map was Elgin...

Elgin??? And you are still here?? Oh wow. I guess for a total noob that map inst too bad....
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#9 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:47 AM

View PostIye, on 08 February 2017 - 01:33 AM, said:

Elgin??? And you are still here?? Oh wow. I guess for a total noob that map inst too bad....

On the side with the platform and the containers and garage it's not so bad.

Also jumping downhill to get there was fun :laugh:

This post has been edited by Vortex2: 08 February 2017 - 01:48 AM

#10 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:12 AM

View PostVortex2, on 08 February 2017 - 01:47 AM, said:

Also jumping downhill to get there was fun :laugh:

So you were blue. that explains a lot.
i just played elgin earlier, because for whatever reason its in nextunity's mapcycle. and it was a pain. like everytime i play it.

Anyways. lets get back to topic:

I think my first game was on abbey. Maybe. Maybe not. And please dont question which mode it was...
I also remember UrT 4.1 being installed on our old school PCs (they were actually rather new, but got renewed some years later when the PC room was moved). That must have been sometime during 8th/9th grade. Probably been "playing" since then.
I only really got into the game when playing eagle on LCDLC eagle. I remember playing PSG quite a lot, since i noticed, and still notice on other players, that the biggest problem with the sr8 is the "fear" to miss. So having a semi auto sniper was really nice. I switched to the SR8 eventually, and still primarily play it until today. (sidenote, i actually cant properly play PSG anymore. feels slightly off) Unless i play a more "tryhard" game and dont feel like dying because i miss all those crucial shots :P

Next big thing for me was scripting. I did a lot of scripting. a lot lot. (check out my signature...)
I eventually got into mapping, but never that much i could really finish a project to my liking. And well, i also got busy with other things.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942