• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Did It All Begin? Rate Topic: -----

The Story of how you found UrT

#31 User is offline   Arnthor Icon

• Account: arnthor

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

Well I started playing through my father. He used to play in leagues and that stuff but when he got me he stopped. Sadly. But I started to play when I was 3-4 years old and when I where about 6 I actually started to get kills XD and I stopped playing when I became about 8 bc I started to play all of these new games.. I played UrT some times if my friends came over and wanted to play but more than that I didn't play at all. But now I have just downloaded it again. not that good, I need a lot of training but it feels good to be back!

#32 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

Back in 2006-2007 I started playing a game called "Soldier Front" with my best friend at the time. He was my neighbour, so we would call each other and use phone calls instead of teamspeak or skype to play together lol. Anyway, this game had way too many cheaters it was terrible. I decided to search another FPS and I stumbled on UrT through the French website. I played casually on pubs. I wish I could remember the name though. It was an amazing server with a community of itself. Maps were train, dust, kingdom, and some other cs maps and it was sr8 only if I remember correctly. I showed the game to my friend but he didn't really pick up on it. However I got hooked and around 2008-2009 I decided to get involved with a team and I began to play with French people.

Honestly it was the stuff during high school. I had some of my hardest laughters with my teammates. Even playing csgo nowadays doesn't always live up to this in terms of chemistry with people.
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#33 User is offline   Aspeedcuber Icon

• Account: aspeedcuber

Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:10 AM

I wanted a good FPS for Linux.

#34 User is offline   sordatu Icon

• Account: sordatu

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:16 PM

hi all,
I started playing a lot of time ago, version 1.xx (2001 ??).
Because bored by the mod "action quake", and was immediately love.
I always played a map that has not been there for a long time, with some drains and manholes to go back to the surface I do not remember the name.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Icudoaoutkaster Icon

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:47 AM

About 18 years ago my roommate and my brother bought Q3 and loaded it up on our shared computer. We started playing insta-gib and a few days later a guy playing insta-gib with me said I should try the Urban Terror mod which had just been released. His name was iCu*8it and his buddy iCu*Waterdog, who would later become friends of mine IRL. I immediately fell in love with the game. I played for hours and hours often forgetting to eat and sleep lol. After a few weeks I was pulled into a server with iCu*Wr3ckless and iCu*RabidWabbit and other members. We played TDM for a while then they asked me if I wanted to join the clan and I did. My name was a mix of a clan my brother and roommate joined for like 1 day called "Doa" and my brother liked the name Outakaster so....iCu*DoaOutkaster it was.

I remember maps like Peru and Corn! I forgot the name of the one but you'd get in an elevator i think and a Brittany Spears song would play over and over hahaha! Drove me nuts. I miss those days, the people, the maps, the fun! Lol listening to people on Roger Wilco. Good times! I still have some old hard drives with early maps and screenshots, some day I'll have to see if I can salvage them.

Anyway thanks for reading, 49th birthday just past and I was reminiscing old times and of course UrT came to mind and brought me here. If any of my old school friends are still around, I hope your doing well!

Best Regards,

iCu*DoaOutkaster

This post has been edited by Icudoaoutkaster: 16 October 2018 - 07:49 AM

#37 User is offline   billymays Icon

• Account: billymays

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:15 AM

Doa
do you remember the Agency?..if so do you happen to have any screens of any of the Agency players?..I played with them very briefly as Agent|Barnes..I cant recall very many of the other players..there was col mustard...but i am at a loss for any of the others.I remember playing against with/against iCu on maps like dam,docks,streets etc..so long ago

#38 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:17 AM

View Postbillymays, on 22 November 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

Doa
do you remember the Agency?..if so do you happen to have any screens of any of the Agency players?..I played with them very briefly as Agent|Barnes..I cant recall very many of the other players..there was col mustard...but i am at a loss for any of the others.I remember playing against with/against iCu on maps like dam,docks,streets etc..so long ago

https://www.fileplan...he-Agency-video

Did you guys play in TWL, STA, OGL? Archive.org probably has cached copies if you can remember the URLs;)

Did anyone ever stay in touch with BludShot? Have totally failed on Googling up any contact info (I even remember his full name and everything lol). Looks like he hasn't been on this site since 2016... Would be great to connect!

Edit: or Prodigy? He played for No Defiance clan for a few seasons.

This post has been edited by don: 28 November 2018 - 06:33 AM

GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#39 User is offline   AnGeLyZeR Icon

• Account: angelyzer
  • Main tag: aM/

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:47 PM

Hello ma boys!
My FPS record starts long ago, prolly in 1995. Big fan of all the old games, like Doom, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and obviously Quake! So when UrT was initially dropped the promise of realism make me install it almost imediately, I think I played first beta version of our beloved game. Then I played interruply till 2005 when life gots in the way and I quit playing.
But you never quit completely UrT, I kept watching videos, specially from Nations CUP.
Now I returned to the game last year and the plan is stick around xd
Have fun all, URT is LIFE!

#40 User is offline   bloodlock Icon

• Account: bloodlock

Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:02 PM

I used to play Wolfenstein ET... I had a lot of fun playing it... I was part of one of the best teams back there. We even won a championship and a partner even won a X1 championship... :P
Around 2008, ETpro, that was the mod used in competitions, stopped begin updated and it had a security flaw... it really impacted the playerbase...
I started to search for another game to play for fun, then I found UrT. I showed it to the guys and they got exited the first day because all the skills we acquired playing ET migrated really well to UrT...
We played in competitions, we did well.. The same guy that won the X1 competition in ET won in UrT also... very fun times... :P
Then around the end of 2012 one of the members passed away in an accident and we stopped playing... >_>
there is no knowledge that is not power...

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942