• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Did It All Begin? Rate Topic: -----

The Story of how you found UrT

#41 User is offline   Ardent Icon

• Account: ardent

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:47 AM

Think I first started playing UrT back at the end of 01 or beginning of 02, under the same username. Was the typical Q3 player looking for something different. I barely went back after I discovered it. Just recently stumbled across the game again looking up something else and wondered, do people even still play this game and are there any servers? I was pleasantly surprised to find the answer was yes. Played some different leagues (TWL, STA I think and Clanbase) with clockpowered. Some other guys on that team were Ronin, |nv|s, Dave and a couple of other boys from Boston). At one point we competed in the first Call of Duty too. I went back through the clan section of the forum to the beginning to see if there any names I recognized. That was a trip down memory lane, lol. Even found a few of my own posts.

I find the game just as playable as it was back in the day. Can't say I have the time to log the hours I used to but I'll be stopping in to play a but here and there.

#43 User is offline   Ardent Icon

• Account: ardent

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:44 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 10 June 2020 - 11:48 PM, said:

Hi Ardent. It's good to hear you're enjoying the game. You'll be happy to know |NV|S is back on the dev team. The name Ronin is familiar but not Dave. That was so long ago ...

It most definitely is. I saw his name in the list of devs but wasn't sure if that was a legacy thing, very cool. It was funny playing for the first time again, I kept bleeding out because I forgot about bandaging, lol. And the config file and a whole bunch of other stuff!

#44 User is offline   Connor84 Icon

• Account: connor84

Posted 24 March 2022 - 01:15 PM

A buddy of mine introduced me to UrT when it was brand spankin' new. (From what I remember, streets was the only map at the time, but it was long ago. Could be wrong.)

I remember what a big deal it was when the ability to grap a ledge and climb up was introduced. Lol.

A year or two later, the same buddy convinced me to ask Zex for a tryout for DesRat (in '02). Played for years, took a ~6 year hiatus, and when I returned there were some new guns. Been going hard ever since. I miss a lot of the old custom maps, and even some earlier versions of current maps (like Docks).

Even back then, most people quit older games and followed whatever was shiny and new. We lost a LOT of players '03 - '08. I'm a curmudgeon. I still prefer 8 and 16 bit consoles via emulators vs new games. UrT forever!

-- Necroing threads since '96

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942