Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Drug-Testing at LAN Events? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

• Account: vortex2

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:34 PM

Does anyone else seriously think this should be a thing? Not only would it appease guilt associated with being involved in enabling people to hurt themselves, it would level the playing-field by removing possibility of having people who create the obligation of having to partake in illicit substance abuse to have the same experience as them and finally, drugs are seriously illegal for a reason, dude. If you feel that you need them, you're doing life wrong.

Thoughts?

#2 User is offline   baex Icon

• Account: baex

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:35 AM

First off. This isnt even a problem in Urban Terror. So why are you talking about it here?

Second. I think everybody should have the right over his own body. Nobody should tell you what to do with it. Not the goverment, your friends or someone else. Do what the hell you want with it. Its the only thing you have control over.

But yes, drugs shouldn't be allowed in any sport what so ever, since they would give an unfair advantage over "sober" players.

View PostNounou, on 01 December 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hey I love you baex, but also, consider that i'm drunk

#3 User is offline   Vortex2 Icon

• Account: vortex2

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:37 AM

View Postbaex, on 02 February 2017 - 12:35 AM, said:

First off. This isnt even a problem in Urban Terror. So why are you talking about it here?

Second. I think everybody should have the right over his own body. Nobody should tell you what to do with it. Not the goverment, your friends or someone else. Do what the hell you want with it. Its the only thing you have control over.

But yes, drugs shouldn't be allowed in any sport what so ever, since they would give an unfair advantage over "sober" players.

Yes, I agree that we each have the 'right' to self sovereignty.

I'm glad you see what I'm saying. Sports are a tradition, not a lucrative means of obtaining wealth, fame and fortune.

#4 User is offline   brown Icon

• Account: brown
  • Main tag: z][t-

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

yes, drug abuse is a serious problem that affects urban terror community, especially french players and the size of the problem is growing, hoho :ph34r:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Valour Icon

• Account: valour

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

I think all our problems will be solved if marijuana is legalized.

Jk.

But um, I think what vortex is more concerned with is the intentions of each player... and of course, the potential for dangerous side-effects...

Speaking from personal experience, I think I'm a much better player when I'm straight... Idk how it all works, but I don't really want to take part in the 'use' of anything that will alter my focus or affect my concentration while I'm trying to be at my best, performance-wise.

Personally, I feel as though I'm doing something wrong when I ingest something I feel I don't need or shouldn't be consuming (ie. 'fast' food when I have direct access to 'healthy' food) which causes distraction for me due to internal opposition.

UrT as a sport has the potential to be well-respected, especially if we do a good job promoting the physical and mental benefits along with practicing self-development and discipline... for that to happen, I think it all begins with setting standards. We already have a great community and a loyal following, it only seems natural to me that we encourage fair play.

I'm not necessarily convinced that we need to enforce drug-testing, but I think it's always good to encourage younger players especially to actively realize that they are far more likely to succeed in choosing to play if they are consciously responsible for their contribution by making a sincere effort to understand what's involved in playing the game (by thinking critically) but also, by being realistic and choosing of their own volition to rely on healthy lifestyle choices and exposure to good influences rather than believing in sugary drinks or the next idea they have been sold which they are convinced is going to give them an edge (outside of the in-game physics) which shouldn't exist to begin with (unless the game is purposely imbalanced).

This post has been edited by Valour: 04 April 2017 - 04:14 AM

#8 User is offline   Motmertu33 Icon

• Account: motmertu33

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

I do not really se a point in such thing to do ;d

This post has been edited by Motmertu33: 14 April 2017 - 02:42 PM

#9 User is offline   Nigel Icon

• Account: nigel

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

View PostVortex2, on 01 February 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Does anyone else seriously think this should be a thing? Not only would it appease guilt associated with being involved in enabling people to hurt themselves, it would level the playing-field by removing possibility of having people who create the obligation of having to partake in illicit substance abuse to have the same experience as them and finally, drugs are seriously illegal for a reason, dude. If you feel that you need them, you're doing life wrong.

Thoughts?

True. Stoners have an unfair advantage. ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942