Urban Terror Forums: Weird framerate and lag abuses of some people? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Weird framerate and lag abuses of some people? Rate Topic: -----

First I was positive it my DSL or server, now I am almost sure its not

#21 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

View PostLuckycro, on 20 February 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

I cant scrool knife up or down

In game go from main menu click to "Setup-->Controls-->Weapon" and then click on "attack", then move one step your mouse wheel (up or down) and you would see to appear "MOUSE1 or MWHEELUP" near attack. You can bind up to two keys, buttons (including mouse wheel) to each option in that menu.

View PostLuckycro, on 20 February 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

I had intergated graphics and replaced it with 2 times better hardware, and guess what, its still on 90. FPS

In game go from main menu click to "Setup-->System-->Graphics" and then click on "Max Frames/Second", it will increase until it reaches "125" and then start again from 30 cyclic. You can left it in 125 if you want.

The same goes for network packets. In game go from main menu click to "Setup-->System-->Network", and click on "Maxpackets to server" until it reaches 125 or the value you want.

You don't need edit any file to change those (and a lot other) values. The first time you run the game, some values get a conservative default, because many PC's don't have enough power to run at full resolution with all details, etc. There is also the option from inside the game to bring down the console and type assignments to values that in some cases will be preserved to next run automatically (seta commands write into q3config.cfg).
The alternative to change setup values by editing an autoexec.cfg text file is there optional just more easy in some cases.

#22 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

Now i dont know if you noticed, but this game is not Deus Ex. Never has been, never will be. Whatever happened over there, does in know what have any implications on UrT.

I also dont know about you, but all the settings (because thats what they are. settings) have been around since at least 4.1(.0). And i only restrict myself to that version here, because i have only started playing there. Keep in mind that was actually 7+ years ago.

Next thing i want to say. Neither FS nor any other parts of the community have "allowed" players to get an advantage over others. Well. actually they have. Everyone is free to change those settings at any point. Within the boundaries of the game engine, which apply to everyone.

As for keybinds: I dont even see the point you are trying to make. The default game has keybinds for all weapons (number keys), and for "scrolling through". I have no idea why think that its a benefit to have the knife in that scroll option, even a way of cheating. On a higher level, using the scroll wheel is a bad idea anyways IMO (since the weapon order may get changed if you pick up new guns), also it simply takes longer.

For FPS, and also going in on your Deus Ex problem: I have no idea how DE works. Considering its a modern game, im fairly confident that FPS dont influence anything there. Its just a display settings, and you can probably change it via an ingame menu, just like you can in UrT. The one difference however, is that FPS in UrT isnt only rendered frames, but also influences how often the game takes input, hence how precise it works. To me, there is no reasoning why FPS should be capped at 90. Again, you are free to change it via an ingame menu.

You do even realise that higher FPS works better for other players. For that exact reason there actually is a cap at 125. Even by editing your wont be able to change that. Where does that resit towards changing that setting come from?

Finally, let me get into what a config file actually is:
Its stored settings. Literally every game has settings files. There has to be a way to store what you setup via an ingame menu, right?
idtech3/ioquake3 has brought this a little further. (technically here modern games have taken this backwards. at least the documentation for it)
  • There simply are som many fine tweaks and settings that you cant all fit them into a menu. Just open your q3config.cfg with whatever tool and you will see.
  • There are more things you can do via ingame scripting than in "any other game" (which is of course a blatant exaggeration, since idtech3 game will have a comparable amount of settings/possibilities)
  • Everything you script in a cfg can be entered into the console and made work that way.

Let me expand on the point of console and cfgs further:

Consoles are a thing that most games these days hide from their playerbase for "reasons" (mainly the fact that once you actively open it you have to think about what this would allow for. If there is a console command to "wallhack" (r_showtris 1), you have to protect it from being used by players and so on. However, probably every game has a console. Because consoles are essential to programming. They allow you to do things quickly without having to click your way through a shitton of useless (in that context) other menus.

The same goes for config files. Config files are nice, because they are easy to change. A lot of programs used to run exclusively on cfgs. Because no1 has time/will to program a graphical interface, that in the end only modifies those cfgs. The UI is just a frontend.

TL;DR: Every setting in UrT has regulations to it (com_maxfps is hardcapped at 125, r_showtris is cheatprotected,...) Everything you can do in a config files is a legitimate setting and allowed. It can also be done ingame via the console. I think you are mistaking any hacks/abuses that happened in DE as a scenario that could take place in UrT, but that simply wont happen.

//edit iye:
In case you need further proof of that the UI does, check out UrTs GitHub. You will quickly figure that all those settings just change a variable. You may also notice how much work those menus are (decades old tech basically), and why hence not all settings are in the UI. You may furthermore notice how i went ahead and added a few settings i found essential to be made available to less "techy" players over time (Pull requests by me)

//edit2 iye:
i would like to point towards karnute's post, who actually did a way better job at explaining this and showing your errors. He just has has the bad luck that my post took longer to write.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#23 User is offline   bubbleboy Icon

• Account: bubbleboy
  • Main tag:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:54 PM

View Postkarnute, on 20 February 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

In game go from main menu click to "Setup-->Controls-->Weapon" and then click on "attack"
In game go from main menu click to "Setup-->System-->Graphics" and then click on "Max Frames/Second"
In game go from main menu click to "Setup-->System-->Network", and click on "Maxpackets to server"

You don't need edit any file to change those (and a lot other) values.

Don't do any of this! This still changes your cfg files so it is cheating and is illegal! Everyone should play using a fresh install with default settings!
MAKU

#24 User is offline   Reea Icon

• Account: reea
  • Main tag: BST|

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:45 AM

Well i read almost everyting u guys posted...just because Lucky explain in his first post better then i can say exactly what it happends to me manny times...Not only on TS servers but in TDM servers too. This situation i did expose to my clan leader but he couldnt inlight me.I play since 2009 , not that much as some of u, i am not that skilled not a good jumper, i shoot better, but this game should be equal to all, no more scripts, macros or others stupid modifications of the original files , this will make the game be more hated by the new players and for sure it will die if we dont do something.

#25 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

• Account: luckycro

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:13 PM

First of all thank you all for answers, and your time. On some provocations I will not answer, nor I will take them personal. But you guys refuse to understand, knife bind on mouse (you cant setup from game), you can setup all, but that will not influence your knife. So yes, when you do it manually from files that is unfair advantage say what you want. Karnute and Iye took time to explain some things and I respect that.

But understand this (Deus Ex is by the way best game ever in single player if you ask me), but when we talk about multiplayer when gamespy took servers down, enthusiasts took over, and worst thing was that some people took that over the edge in their own servers. Since first part is oldest game of DX it is shame that some people at all abuse games when games should be for fun. You can accept or refuse to accept that same happened in UrT also in past. Not on such scale, but people saw aimbots, and people saw WH in 4.1 I saw some weird situations where I am not sure some does not use those even now. I know UrT blocked those things, same as server owners did in Deus Ex, but anyway, you guys must be aware that some people just have desire to have advantage. That is fact.

About what I talk, people, listen to me, I play one day, I have 1.5 ratio (if not even negative many times) when I lag despite the fact that I play with seriously strong guys, where many people call me noob or are happy that I cant play well (I dont judge anyone, if that makes them happy, good for them)..... But for example after 2-4 days of lag today I had preety good day more of less without lag and they asked me, you on something? Seriously, how many times I said to people that in lag I can have negative or 1.5 ratio (if I have luck), while on good day without lag I have 2:1 up to 4:1 ratio. I prooved that so many times, but people do not believe in that often.

Today it was not important against who I played, same people who rocked yesterday could not match me today, so much faster I was, with 90 FPS, so no I will not change anything because I will not allow lag or other players to put me out of line. So that some guys can be happy. Also it is funny how much people insult when you finally have normal conditions. You see I have ego too, but I am realistic, I dont care much and for sure I dont love to attack anyone, or acuse. But when you lag constantly that is serious issue, because server changed me to other team, and lag stopped????? Seriously? I dont joke. Please explain that? Server swithed me to other team to guy who has not lagged, and lag stopped. Magic? You say to me. Server switched me back to red, lag started again. You decide what it is, and what could be. I just said facts that I am positive that something weird happens, because some guys obviously dont lag while rest of us must have stickers on our head "obviously".

And we can argue about no WH, and no aimbot, because I saw guy who had in few minutes in v 4.1 180 frags, every bullet was headshoot, etc etc, I heard he was banned in some servers, so its not that abuses were not there. Also I know I can be demanding, but I said one thing, when I played in one server and I am happy that admin took time to at least listen me: "I know I am not as good as I was with assault guns in past, but please consider and look this, I will take SR8, and I will own that guy (and I did, not only him, most of other team), but when I took back G36, or M4, that guy killed my team from 100 metters from full movement".

"I understand people are good, I understand you can hit players from fast movement, but seriously, so often, so many times as that guy did from distance of over 50+ metters with gun without zoom, and that is by the way guy for which I prooved that cant match me in aiming with SR8. So what is problem here? Dont know, please you enlighten me, cause guy who aims worse with sniper than me, owned people with weaker gun from movement, on same distance from movement? I dont say hes maybe not natural assault gun player, but he is not better than me with SR8. And I prooved that in server".

I only have desire to say that sometimes weird things happen like that weird lag, some people lag, some not, some people rock from 100 metters from superfast slide movement, but they can not beat you with SR8? Was that situation weird, you tell me? I just know that I am 2 times worse than when I dont lag. So when I play weak others tease me, and when I rock, they dont like me, not always but I saw that. I dont care, people tease me when I lag, but problem is when they disrespect me and do not believe that I seriously lag. It is funny that one day I rock, other day I struggle to have positive score, with by the way same people more or less, but obviously some people refuse to believe that someone maybe really has skills.

By the way Reea, thank you for your reply here, I am happy that more of you agree, that all people must have same conditions by defaults from game. Obviously manual binding outside of game aint good solution, I named knife thing. There is probably more of such things.

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 22 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

Ok look. Your experiences on servers are entirely subjective. Maybe you just have a bad connection. Maybe you just have a bad day and they have a good one. There is no reason to assume that everyone else, who is performing better is using some kind of exploit. When getting into the entire ping/lag thing there are so many possibilities its just pointless to discuss those. As a rule of thumb, if you have a ping higher than 150, or your ping is inconsitent to a higher degree (e.g. varying by 100), everything can be "explained away" using that fact. And there is no cfg abuse to suddenly cut your ping by 100, or increase it.

In fact, everything you list above is entirely subjective. What makes you able to judge someone is "worse than you" in general, have you spec'ed them? Compared their abilities with yours? Judged their decision making? Have you compared their netgraph to yours?
As an example: I cant hit half of my sr8 shots on a bad day. I get stuck on corners on a bad day. I cant hit any "fancy" or even just "average" (we are talking a very narrow average of "high skill" players here) sr8 shots when i have a ping over 150. (e.g. i play on a US server). Thats just fact. I dont assume anyone is cheating (in the literal sense) because of that. Yet again i rage everytime if i get killed by a 200 ping player when i clearly fired first and went to cover - on my screen.

Also im beginning to doubt your knowledge of this game. Do you know circlejumping? power sliding? quick scoping/flicks and how ping dependent they are?

To sum it up:

• In fact, there are no such exploits. You can freely modify your FPS and packets, even within the menus, as shown above. You are also free to edit your configs to whatever extend you want. Those are a feature of the game, everyone is free, and i would strongly encourage you, to modify those.
  • Modifying gamefiles (assets/pk3s) or binaries to get an unfair advantage are considered cheating/hacking.
  • External software, such as literal hacks (wallhacks, aimbots,...) are out of question. They are not part of this game and a bann-able offense.

But since you are so fixated on knifing and being able to select the knife, i may do you a favor and add those binds to the menu :P

#27 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:54 PM

I will not argue, I saw what they did in Deus Ex (with same arguments) to DD Team leader, and we were right. So I got my point, you got yours, that is fine. And no I will not bind anything outside of inventory, not even console, specially not file. Case closed.

Games should be made by programmers based on equality, and not towards creativity of those who want to use every single space of advantage which programmers left. Remember that, that goes for every game. If you have possibility for something what is not blocked, that does not mean that you have right to do it, or declare that as not advantage, when it clearly is.

As far it goes for me. I never compare other people with me. I always give them tips and say, they can be so good, they can be best. You are mad with many people when guy with ping of 200 kill you, well I am proud if he is polite person, cause if his bullet was faster, if he manages to put me down (despite his negative score), if I am negative in lag, how good would he be in mine conditions? Even better, how good would he be in perfect condition? I dont look games on such competitive way. I love when I have good day, but I always love to help to weaker team. I will always refuse to raise my score on inactive people and I will always join to weaker team. That is me, such is DD Team. I dont xlr stats, I dont refuse fight, I am not scared of anyone. That is DD Team.

About my skills, even in slight lag I have on SkeetShoots around 100 frags, my record is 121, but I would have even more. I saw some guy has 132, and I am sure I can put that down. Sadly server is not online in this version. So basicly that is at least 80 % ratio in bot jump, and consider that I aim always in head with SR8. So judge for yourself. In SR8 I dont care how fast they aim, move or jump, he cant escape from me (he must have great luck that I will miss if I dont lag when he is in air). About jumps, I am way from pro, but I am solid, I know every movement.

And when you throwing to people slide shot kills story....... Seriously? YOu think I will stand on open when you will do slide shot, or stay in one place? I playing since year 2000, so when someone hits me from slide he must be lucky, cause I am near crate, or I move, so you can debate about skills and defend guy who is not better than you with SR8, but when same guy does that with assault gun from 50 metters all the time when you stay near or behind crate or when you move even I can say plain and simple, you aint that good, noone is. First of all from that distance you dont know who is there at all, and second that must be reflex shot with gun which is way less precise than SR8. You can have lucky shoots, but that has nothing with skills, not from such distance, at least not from regular basis, to do such things on regular basis its just insane to believe. But who wants he can believe. I dont mind.

About abuses, good luck with that point because I saw in version 4.1 admin where I used to play who even adjusted speed of his guns, and much more, even numer of bullets in guns. Some admins said there is also delay program, but, who am I to be smart. I know what I saw, what people also told when I asked them. If you guys are positive that is not posible to modify guns or shooting speed, good luck, that is not what I saw in 4.1.

About my line I will say highspeed DSL router with at least 40 MBit (depends), but that is at least 2.5 MB per second when I download, it used to be up to 5MB +, ping 50 and stable + stable FPS. Also I have to say server is preety stable.

In short too many excuses who defend too many people. Saw that, been there. In any case I respect any opinion and any person. I just said what I saw.

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 23 February 2017 - 12:05 AM

#28 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:53 AM

View PostLuckycro, on 22 February 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

I will not argue,

And yet your quite literally do that.

I saw what they did in Deus Ex (with same arguments)

This is UrT. whatever happened in DE has literally 0 implications towards UrT.

And no I will not bind anything outside of inventory, not even console, specially not file.

That is your right. However, you still are "complaining", that other people do. fact is, that it IS ALLOWED, and its YOUR CHOICE ONLY that stops you from doing this. And please stop calling the menus "inventory". this is no MMORPG.

Games should be made by programmers based on equality, and not towards creativity of those who want to use every single space of advantage which programmers left. Remember that, that goes for every game. If you have possibility for something what is not blocked, that does not mean that you have right to do it, or declare that as not advantage, when it clearly is.

UrT is equal to everyone. No unlocks, no nothing. You have the free ability to create scripts and configs to your liking. If an abuse is found, it will get patched.

About my skills, even in slight lag I have on SkeetShoots around 100 frags, my record is 121, but I would have even more. I saw some guy has 132, and I am sure I can put that down. Sadly server is not online in this version. So basicly that is at least 80 % ratio in bot jump

You are aware that those numbers are entirely arbitrary, and depends on how many bots there were, and how long the map was?

, and consider that I aim always in head with SR8. So judge for yourself. In SR8 I dont care how fast they aim, move or jump, he cant escape from me (he must have great luck that I will miss if I dont lag when he is in air).

And here we get to the point where i really doubt you. You should aim for the head with litereally every gun BUT the sr8. The sr8 does 100 dmg torso hits. aiming at the smaller, and less surrounded target that head is, is just stupid.

About jumps, I am way from pro, but I am solid, I know every movement.

Yet there is so much more to it. Its about knowing the map, knowing timings, using the map to your advantage.

[.. Long paragraph about accuracy and somehow related to sliding..]

You are aware that the first bullet is always perfectly accurate?

About abuses, good luck with that point because I saw in version 4.1 admin where I used to play who even adjusted speed of his guns, and much more, even numer of bullets in guns. Some admins said there is also delay program, but, who am I to be smart. I know what I saw, what people also told when I asked them. If you guys are positive that is not posible to modify guns or shooting speed, good luck, that is not what I saw in 4.1.

Now you are talking about server side modifications. By FS policy, those are fine as long as they dont require any downloads to the clients, so they are strictly server side. They also affect every player on the server, so i cant really see the abuse there?

#29 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

I just want to say that those stories that UrT has blocked all possible cheats, and that is not possible to cheat, sadly that is obviously not truth. I played in a server 1:1 with one guy and all was fine, I had lead, normal conditions and then from clear sky terrible lag, even my sniper has not appeared, I had to scrool it. He said he had to do same. Is that truth? Dont know because he killed me 2 times cause of that, so...... Lol...... Besides I always lag with that guy, I never lagged on FUN sr8 with other guys, but i lag with that guy on any server where we play. He has ping 50. So explain that. Universe is on his side, its coincidence? Hm...... Not really sure.

Oh yes, and about that story how people cant abuse aka we will denny that people abuse in UrT? That is funny cause today one guy evaded knife kills which were blocked by the way by servers and users were automatically moved to spectators, and after more attempts even kicked.

So yes, I would say when people denny truth, often they either do not want to see the truth, or they abuse too, or at least protect someone who they know. That is from my experience in other games how I saw it. Sadly UrT is not exception. I am sure that I am not only one who see weird lags with "some" people and some other crap. But well, lets continue to denny until such things start to be obvious from clear sky, although we do not talk here about many people, there are always "some" as in any other game.

This post has been edited by Luckycro: 21 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

#30 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

View PostLuckycro, on 21 March 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

I just want to say that those stories that UrT has blocked all possible cheats, and that is not possible to cheat, sadly that is obviously not truth.

Noone ever said that. Ever.

I played in a server 1:1 with one guy and all was fine, [..] Universe is on his side, its coincidence? Hm...... Not really sure.

Stories of single case examples. Cool. Note: ping isnt everything. I would personally vote for all games also showing the standard deviation.

Oh yes, and about that story how people cant abuse aka we will denny that people abuse in UrT? That is funny cause today one guy evaded knife kills which were blocked by the way by servers and users were automatically moved to spectators, and after more attempts even kicked.

What? I dont even understand what the point here is. Is this two separate instances? a single instance of admin abuse? Someone evading a bot that moves you into spec if you knife? (if so thats a terribly stupid thing anyways, and not in the hands of FS whatsoever).

So yes, I would say when people denny truth, often they either do not want to see the truth, or they abuse too, or at least protect someone who they know.

I highly doubt this abuse you claim to be happening is a thing. Defiantly not on a scale even close to what you claim. Some people have bad setups (connection and config wise), some may have good ones. Thats just how it is. Everyone is free to optimize their setup within the boundaries of the system, just like you would do in any other game. You dont keep your lvl1 sword just because "thats what you were given to play with" at the start, would you?
Some may just have outstanding skills.

I am sure that I am not only one who see weird lags with "some" people and some other crap.

No your are not. People with horribly bad connections and potato machines exist. Now what? As much as i hate playing against someone with a ping of 150\pm 50, there is not much i can do about it.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942